Question in remastering Puppy after localization

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
vhshare

Question in remastering Puppy after localization

#1 Post by vhshare »

Hi,
After localization, I used Dougal - Remaster CD Utility to remaster my new puppy. But after remastering, the locale sets back to "en_AU" (not my "vi_VN.UTF-8"), IceWM theme sets to default, desktop backgroup also set to default,....How to fix this problem ? I'm using Puppy 215CE. I think I should add some script to fix this problem. :cry:

vientito

#2 Post by vientito »

think i experienced this issue a few versions before. the problem probably lies in the /etc directory where most of the local settings are stored. Remastering will ask you to decide if the disk is run on a particular machine or any machine in general thus some of the settings in /etc would not be recorded on the disk, depending on your answer.

i believe it is the case but i am not sure if that remastering algorithm has changed since then.

raffy

root and etc

#3 Post by raffy »

Yes, until someone points to the exact place where the setting is stored, you will have to check /root (especially the hidden files) and /etc, as this is the place where remastering preserves some unmodified directories and files.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].