New Orleans: A Geopolitical Prize

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Flash
Official Dog Handler

New Orleans: A Geopolitical Prize

#1 Post by Flash »

For those who wonder why such a large city was built in such a vulnerable place and say it ought to be abandoned, here is why New Orleans is where it is, and why it will be rebuilt at any cost. Again and again, if necessary.

klhrevolutionist

hmm.

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Well, there is always 2 sides to the story and here is another
http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_or ... washed.htm
http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_or ... rleans.htm

Especially read this one!!!

Government Insider Says Bush
Authorized 911 Attacks!

http://www.rense.com/general57/aale.htm
Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Wed 07 Sep 2005, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Klh, there is a saying that goes something like, "never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained with stupidity."

I'm sorry, but I find conspiracy theories ludicrous. I prefer to believe that our leaders are so incompetent and stupid they couldn't pull off a conspiracy if they tried.

By the way, did you know that there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.? It happened at the beginning of the Great Depression of the 1930s. Read about it here, about 3/4 of the way down the page, under ** Big Business plots to overthrow Roosevelt

rarsa

#4 Post by rarsa »

flash wrote: there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.?
Wasnt' the 2000 election a technical coup d'etat?
Very well documented and no conspiracy theories included.

Regarding "why rebuilding New Orleans?, Why living in a high risk area?"

People live in such areas because they are usually great places to live. California and it's earthquakes, Florida with Hurricanes. Low lying New Orleans, Washington and Mount St. Helens, Kansas and it's thornados. etc, etc, etc. People accept the risk. It would be silly not to.

edoc

#5 Post by edoc »

rarsa wrote:Wasnt' the 2000 election a technical coup d'etat?
Every non-partisan review clearly demonstrated that Pres. Bush legitimately won that election. All claims by anyone anywhere to the contrary are fradulent. Period.
rarsa wrote:Regarding "why rebuilding New Orleans?, Why living in a high risk area?" People live in such areas because they are usually great places to live. California and it's earthquakes, Florida with Hurricanes. Low lying New Orleans, Washington and Mount St. Helens, Kansas and it's thornados. etc, etc, etc. People accept the risk. It would be silly not to.
As with all meaningful choices in life we must count the cost and make an informed decision. The crime rate in New Orleans has long been unacceptably high but they lacked the leadership of a Mayor Guiliani to get it under control and people chose to live there despite it -- and now we see the consequences of the local failure of leadership. The hurricane flooding risk has been known since at least the 80's when I first read a report and spoke with a former emergency management official from there -- people just refused to believe that it would ever really happen -- a failure of local and state leadership.

We live in FL at risk of hurricanes and frequent thunderstorms -- we built a very strong steel home and live on what passes for high ground here -- we do have to take wise actions in addition to accepting certain risks.

My little risk is to wipe Suse and replace it with Puppy on my primary PC --
but I have done a complete backup just in case! ;-:

doc
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

rarsa

#6 Post by rarsa »

edoc wrote:My little risk is to wipe Suse and replace it with Puppy on my primary PC
Manage Risk, keep both. There are things that will be definetivelly easier with SuSE... Unless you don't have an interest on doing them.

Same as Canadian snowbirds do: Keep both, A home in Canada for the summer and one in Florida for the Winter. They do know how to manage risk. ;)

acklan on a rant

CRAP!!!

#7 Post by acklan on a rant »

klhrevolutionist wrote:Well, there is always 2 sides to the story and here is another

Authorized 911 Attacks!

These links are a load of CRAP. I live in Baton Rouge, La. , and have been a fire fighter for 25 years. The point( If you can call it a point) is rediculus at best. First off the leeve system in the New Orleans district was completed in the mid 60's. It was built for a Cat 3 storm then and was never upgraded. If there is blame it should start with Lyndin Johnson and run through today. If the Corp was given the order to build it would take 7 years to start the project. I'm not saying it should I am saying THAT is the current system. Second the Mayor of NO should have used ever public city and school bus to evacuate the city. The manditory evacuation was in name only. If you want to lay crimminal responsibility charge Mayor Nayen with "breech of fiduciary responsibility". He under law had an obligation to protect the people of his city wheath or not the Fed stepped in. And how about our lovely govenor. she couldn't orginize a kids t-ball game. She should have been on the horn to Bush the saturday BEFORE the storm asking for aid.
I could go on and on but what is the point. New orleans got hosed by the local, state, and feds then left to stew in their own juices.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#8 Post by Flash »

edoc wrote:Every non-partisan review clearly demonstrated that Pres. Bush legitimately won that election. All claims by anyone anywhere to the contrary are fradulent. Period.
I really can't let such an assertion pass without asking for some proof. Can you provide a link to something online that supports what you say? (With bona fides, if possible.) I have to ask, because everything I've seen leads me to believe that at best it was a draw, and taking into account Catherine Harris and the Supremes (the Supreme Court), there seem to me to be solid reasons to question how Bush became president.
...now we see the consequences of the local failure of leadership. The hurricane flooding risk has been known since at least the 80's when I first read a report and spoke with a former emergency management official from there -- people just refused to believe that it would ever really happen -- a failure of local and state leadership.

doc
According to the article linked to at the beginning of this thread, New Orleans is where it is because that location is strategically important to the whole U.S.. So it seems to me that the Federal government should be expected to show more than just a detached humanitarian interest in what happens there. Instead, the Feds drastically cut funding for levee and dam improvements to protect New Orleans. These are projects that local governments could not afford to do on their own. And don't even get me started about how FEMA obviously fumbled the ball when it was in their court. (I know, it's a mixed metaphor.) I'm not saying that local government is blameless, but that in the case of New Orleans the Federal government has a responsibility, which it shirked to the point of shameful incompetence.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Duplicate post deleted

rarsa

#10 Post by rarsa »

Maybe not only incompetence but also a matter of priorities:

Here is how the rest of the world sees it:
Attachments
Priorities.jpg
This cartoon is titled "Priorities"
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 1295 times

rarsa

#11 Post by rarsa »

And what about the newest joke? Bush leading the investigation on the Hurricane debacle.

That investigation should be lead by someone outside fo the chain of command.

#12 Post by Guest »

rarsa wrote:
flash wrote: there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.?
No. As a matter of fact two political heavy weights slugged it out and Bush had the better jab, and Gore cried like a lil' girl that had her sucker taken. That is also why he has no political future. Nobody likes a titty baby.

http://www.answers.com/topic/coup-d-tat

acklan.

#13 Post by acklan. »

rarsa wrote:

No. As a matter of fact two evenly matched potilical heavy weights slugged it out, and Bush 43 had a better jab. And that is also why Gore no longer has a political future. Instead of being gracious and conciding defeat, he cried like as little girl that had her sucker taken away.
Nobody likes a titty baby.

acklan on a rant

CRAP!!!

#14 Post by acklan on a rant »

klhrevolutionist wrote:Well, there is always 2 sides to the story and here is another

Authorized 911 Attacks!

These links are a load of CRAP. I live in Baton Rouge, La. , and have been a fire fighter for 25 years. The point( If you can call it a point) is rediculus at best. First off the leeve system in the New Orleans district was completed in the mid 60's. It was built for a Cat 3 storm then and was never upgraded. If there is blame it should start with Lyndin Johnson and run through today. If the Corp was given the order to build it would take 7 years to start the project. I'm not saying it should I am saying THAT is the current system. Second the Mayor of NO should have used ever public city and school bus to evacuate the city. The manditory evacuation was in name only. If you want to lay crimminal responsibility charge Mayor Nayen with "breech of fiduciary responsibility". He under law had an obligation to protect the people of his city wheath or not the Fed stepped in. And how about our lovely govenor. she couldn't orginize a kids t-ball game. She should have been on the horn to Bush the saturday BEFORE the storm asking for aid.
I could go on and on but what is the point. New orleans got hosed by the local, state, and feds then left to stew in their own juices.

klhrevolutionist

well

#15 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I can only say from what the experts were saying, that it was only a level 3
or whatever hurricane.
So, just how did the leveee break???

also, for the firefighter in Baton Rouge, were you aware that Bush cut funding
for the levee? Yes the money was well spent on killing the terrorist.
But good news for all bush supporters, Iraq did not do anything.
WOW I'm glad I told you before all those innoncent people would have died.
I'm not sure what your parents or local governments are putting in the tap water.
But please do not be fooled. People only "seem" trusting. Think outside the box.
Did GOD not warn you of great deception?

rarsa

#16 Post by rarsa »

klhrevolucionist wrote:Did GOD not warn you of great deception?
And the deception came in the form of religion...

;) sorry I could not restrain my self. :D

Let's keep the conversation focussed on New Orleans...
Attachments
Godtalkstobush.jpg
The title for the cartoon is: AND GOD SPOKE WITH BUSH.

the sign says "Bush, resign NOW"
(23.37 KiB) Downloaded 1154 times

Walt H

Re: well

#17 Post by Walt H »

klhrevolutionist wrote:I can only say from what the experts were saying, that it was only a level 3
or whatever hurricane.
So, just how did the leveee break???
First, there really is no such thing as "only a level 3 hurricane." Such a storm carries winds up to 130 miles per hour. Wind speeds less than that destroyed the Hood Canal Floating Bridge in Washington state in the late 1970s.

Actually, I believe Katrina was a Category 4 hurricane (winds to 155 miles per hour)when it made landfall, but that is only part of the story. The winds were only part of the problem. Because the hurricane stretched 120 miles in any direction from the eye (much larger than 1969's Camille, which was technically a worse hurricane as a Category 5 storm, the strongest or highest level), the storm produced massive and continuous surges of water, something which I believe has accounted for much more of the New Orleans damage than any winds and may also help account for the breaching of the levees.

Lack of funding for upkeep may have also played a role.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

klhrevolutionist

no

#18 Post by klhrevolutionist »

No, stop watching the government telling you what it was.
And listen to the people who have been doing their job all there lives.
It was no category 4 nor 5 but a 3.
which means? If the levee could withstand level 3 hurricanes, how could it have tumbled? Just as the twin towers did, government.
Look at hitler he set fire to the reichstag and blamed it on the jews.
Look at all the suport he got from his fellow men! Astounding, but not the great U.S.A right? Wrong, there are a number of government archives that I read almost daily, looking for stuff our government has and plans on doing.
As a good rock band once said in a song ->Bush the band "history moans"
And will always do so, as you might oir might not know, they us americans all
lies, forget anything these people ever told you in history ands political science. Start reading! And when you think you have read enough it keeps getting better. Yes they are this arrogant to make such documents available!

http://www.archives.gov/
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Walt H

#19 Post by Walt H »

What !!!???

First off, the government did not give me my information, the weather people, trained to gather and measure weather data, are the ones who classified the storm for me. The people on the ground, who have no formal meteorological training weren't likely to know whether it was a Category 3 or 4 storm. Furthermore, they probably didn't care. Either level is a dangerous and dealy storm.

Your analogy of the Twin Towers does not work here. With that tragedy, an argument could perhaps be made that government policies drove some fanatics over the edge. But government policies did not cause Katrina. More funding might have lessened damage to the levees but would likely not have prevented flooding in New Orleans.

I am a lifelong Democrat, but despite my dislike of Bush and of the far Right, I would not go so far as to blame a natural disaster on him. Once the survivors are accounted for and dead found and identified, there will be blame enough to go around - to Democrats, Republicans, local, state, and federal officials. But as many have said, that is a discussion for another day.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

Pizzasgood

#20 Post by Pizzasgood »

I feel guilty for saying this, but I have gotten some good laughs out of this topic.

A. Cartoons (even though I more or less support Bush)
B. Spanish cartoons posted by a Canadian (shouln't be funny, but it is)
C. Calling weathermen reliable
D. Wanings about deceit from one who is just as likely to be decieving me as the gov (no offense khl, but I get a laugh out of people who try to convince me of their views and warn of deceit at the same time, because I can just turn it around and throw it in their faces)

As for N.O., I don't give a crud how good your levies are, if you are below sea-level and a hurrican comes in, you're gonna get flooded. The levies can stop outside water, but not rain. And hurricane classes really mean very little. They are written by humans, thus highly prone for errors, and are not written in stone. You can't just say, "This can handle a class 3 hurricane." It doesn't work that way. Hurricanes are analog, not digital, if you get my drift. They can't be divided into a couple sizes, because there are so many in-betweens and charictaristics.

Instead of trying to blame people, we should try helping. Blame me if it makes you feel better, but give the red cross some cash too.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]