BitWiseIM.pup - encrypted instant messenger program

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Johnny Reb

BitWiseIM.pup - encrypted instant messenger program

#1 Post by Johnny Reb »

I've just created my first dotpup using GuestToo's dotpup maker, and suprisingly enough I got it right the first try and it worked (I suspect that says more about GuestToo's ability than mine). Regardless, the dodpup is for BitWise Instant Messenger, an encrypted Instant Messenger which uses the Blowfish encryption algorythm. Unfortunatly the size of this dotpup (about 3Mb) won't allow me to post it here. However, I did send the BitWise.pup to the creator of BitWiseIM, and he stated that if he gets enough requests for it he will post it on the download page of the BitWiseIM website, which you can find here: http://bitwiseim.com/

Also, if anyone has a place to post this for download I've been given permission to have the BitWise.pup posted for download if I can find a place to do so. If anyone reading this has room for it, and wants to post it, please let me know.

Please note: I put this dotpup together today before I saw the sticky about not installing in the /root directory so this one does install into the /root directory.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine

klhrevolutionist

here you are

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Johnny Reb

#3 Post by Johnny Reb »

Upon thinking about this I think it would be a good idea if everyone requested the developer of BitWiseIM to post the dotpup on his download page. The reason being it might just create more intrest in Puppy Linux. People that otherwise would never otherwise even know Puppy existed would see the dotpup and might investigate.
~ Thomas Paine

Johnny Reb

Re: here you are

#4 Post by Johnny Reb »

klhrevolutionist wrote:www.yourfilehost.com
I couldn't get the BitWiseIM.pup up there last night because I was doing a real big download that was eating up all my bandwidth, but it's up there now.

NOTE: New working BitWise.pup uploaded, and is ready for download.

The NEW url for BitWiseIM.pup is: http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... itWise.pup

I still think it would be a good idea to request it from the BitWise site though because it would give Puppy more exposure to people who might try it.
Last edited by Johnny Reb on Thu 08 Sep 2005, 23:03, edited 4 times in total.
~ Thomas Paine

Johnny Reb

#5 Post by Johnny Reb »

Just a note. I'm online with puppy now (the modem is finally working!), and BitWiseIM works great in Linux. If anyone gets it and wants to give me a holler, my screen names there are Johnny_Reb & Rebel_Yell
~ Thomas Paine