How to configure au 8820 soundcard in SimplePup 0.3.1?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
shellhead

How to configure au 8820 soundcard in SimplePup 0.3.1?

#1 Post by shellhead »

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my soundcard which is a au8820, to be used in SimplePup vs. 0.3.1. Unfortunately that version of puppy doesn't seem to have a way to configure a soundcard, or else I can't seem to find it.

Can I just download anouther version of the Alsa Wizard and use it without corrupting or destroying something on SimplePup.

I'm brand new to Puppy, and Linux, so I hope that the workaround solution will be something a newbie can understand.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Shellhead

captain_nemo

Simplepup Audio Instructions

#2 Post by captain_nemo »

I've been through the forums and I can't find anything other than this post regarding audio on SimplePup. I'm running a Gateway Solo 2500. In other iterations of Puppy (2.14, 2.16, & Pizzapup) I've been able to run the alsa wizard and get sound going. However, the sound never stayed running and I don't know why. Anyway, I can't even find alsa on this system and I can't find an install package for it via PupGet or a DotPup. So...

#1 - How do I configure audio on SimplePup and...
#2 - How do I get audio to stay running?

Whatever specs I need to post to help you help me please let me know! Thanks!!!

P.S. - I'm loving SimplePup --- of all the flavors of Puppy I've tried, so far this one seems to "perk up" the old 2500 the most! Audio isn't a dealbreaker but it certainly would be nice.