What ever happened to the Puppy 1.x series?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Trobin

What ever happened to the Puppy 1.x series?

#1 Post by Trobin »

What ever happened to the 1.x series?

WhoDo

Re: A Question

#2 Post by WhoDo »

Trobin wrote:What ever happened to the 1.x series?
Still alive and being promoted by several puppy devotees including klhrevolutionist. They had their own website, which is now a dead link. You might be able to get more information by PM'ing klhrevolutionist.

Last iteration of Puppy 1.xx series was 1.09CE, put together by NathanF of Grafpup fame. There was some talk, and a wiki page, suggesting 1.10 might be on the cards, but Barry seems to be spending all his time on the 2.xx series, so someone else would have to grasp the nettle and rebuild a new version with the 2.4.x series kernel.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Puppy 1.10

#3 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Trobin

#4 Post by Trobin »

Okay, I was just wondering if that line was dead now that weveryone here seems to be concentrating on the 2.x series.

Trobin

#5 Post by Trobin »

Did some poking around and there doesn't seem to be many places you can download any 1.x isos, other than 108 and 109ce. I think I saw 107 once but couldn't swear to it.

I thought it might be a fun spare time project to see if I could up date a 1.x series puppy to work on my current system. If nothing else I might learn something.

What I need to do is 1-get round the NTFS barrier and 2-update the drivers for my eth0 card.

Does puppy have a utility that identifies a piece of hardware? Sort of like device manager in Window.

WhoDo

#6 Post by WhoDo »

Trobin wrote:Does puppy have a utility that identifies a piece of hardware? Sort of like device manager in Window.
Try Xproc from the System menu. I'm not sure how useful its information is, but it is worth a look.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

MU

#7 Post by MU »