wvdial

Booting, installing, newbie
cobelloy

wvdial

#1 Post by cobelloy »

Hi there again,
I have been checking on my ISDN modem and it does supposedly work, but to get it to dial I need "wvdial" which you can get through pupget, but since I don't have an internet connection I am stumped. I can retrieve it locally from the hard drive, but how do I get it without pupget (using win98 for now)

anyone?

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... ackages-1/

All the pupget packages are stored there.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Ian »

Do you know someone who has an external mosem that you could connect to. This would allow you to download the required files.
Most external modems work with Puppy.

cobelloy

#4 Post by cobelloy »

my ISDN modem is an external one, USB type, and was correctly recognised by puppy (yay for puppy) and apart from me everyone else has internal pci modems.

I will try the link

thanks again dudes!!

cobelloy

#5 Post by cobelloy »

well, I worked out how to download from an FTP site and now I will see how I go, will post again about the modem

cobelloy

#6 Post by cobelloy »

I am going bald from the hair pulling...

when I try to instal wvdial_1.53.tar.gz with pupget it returns an error message saying there is no wvdial_1.53.tar.gz in that directory, but there is, I have checked, and tried a few times to install it, and I keep getting that stupid message back.

plus it seems really really slow, it takes a minute or more for pupget to open, is that normal?

I have a P2 400 128meg machine, a little grey haired, but not that past it?!