Localization of mtPaint

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
gw

Localization of mtPaint

#1 Post by gw »

Hello,

I have a problem with the localization of mtPaint in Puppy.
The mtpaint.mo files are available and I know they have to be put in /usr/share/locale.
But the version integrated in Puppy doesn't give the possibility to switch between the different languages in the command Image/Preferences....
I have tried to reinstall mtpaint but this procedure doesn't work with the recent versions. I've tried to replace the mtpaint file in /usr/local/bin but this procedure was only successfull until the version 3.02.

Thank you for your help
--
GW

Dougal

#2 Post by Dougal »

I really don't think Barry compiled it with the "--disable-nls" option, so it should work.
Since Mtpaint is compiled for /usr/local, you should probably put the .po files in /usr/local/share/locale.
As far as I know, apps usually change the locale automatically to match the locale you're using.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Soupbean

#3 Post by Soupbean »

hey gw,

i had the same problem. If you're using puppy 3 you can download the slackware version of mtpaint 3.20 from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=173703.

the .mo files should go in /usr/share/locale

should work after that

MU

#4 Post by MU »

It seems the binary must be replaced, too.

The attached archive contains the binary 3.20 and locale-files.
Mark

wjaguar

#5 Post by wjaguar »

Dougal wrote:I really don't think Barry compiled it with the "--disable-nls" option, so it should work.
For historical reasons, mtPaint's configure script defaults to non-internationalized build, and uses a nonstandard "intl" option to enable internationalization. So mtPaint is rather easy to miscompile - IF one pays no attention to 'configure' output, and doesn't use './configure --help'.