Search Command Testing for Projects

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

Search Command Testing for Projects

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

Pup105

I have tried to search the forum for topics like Puppy 1.0.5 and the search function finds nothing. So I am testing a method to make the search function useful.
Above you will see a heading, "Pup105". I think the search function will find this word which will represent Puppy 1.0.5. This message is a test for that search.
Using this method, I should be able to find this message and any other messages that contain that heading that I use in the future.
So, here we go!

EarlSmith

#2 Post by EarlSmith »

Just used the search command and yes Pup105 was found.

Several of us on another topic had searched for a way to group post that relate to a project that several people would like to work on and still have the post transparent so anyone could read them.

This is the method I think is the easiest to use.
This way people could relate post together from several headings into a single project.

The example I am using is Pup105. People from beginners to users to cutting edge to whatever could start Topics about Puppy 1.0.5 and everyone start their post with Pup105. Then a search on the word Pup105 would find all the post relating to Puppy 1.0.5

There are other things involved in this project discussion but this is the root of the idea. I am just trying to see if it works.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Also the keyword must be 3 ~ 20 characters long, or the search won't find it.

EarlSmith

#4 Post by EarlSmith »

Thanks Flash - forgot that!

raffy

Wiki Index Page

#5 Post by raffy »

I guess somebody has to start putting together an index page in the Wiki for these categories/classification, and keep track of new things.

Of course the Page Index is there in the Wiki, but you see, whenever you put WikiNames in the Wiki, it also tries to create the pages (if nonexistent)!

Talk about idea-mapping - the Wiki does that.

So how do we call that page, PageIndex ?

#6 Post by Guest »

Puppy-1.0.5 gets plenty of results. As opposed to Puppy 1.0.5

EarlSmith

#7 Post by EarlSmith »

nevermind!