No Network Drivers work - not even with NDISWRAPPER

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
friedsonjm

No Network Drivers work - not even with NDISWRAPPER

#1 Post by friedsonjm »

My machine has a Marvel/Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E that has the yk51x86.inf file available, but ndiswrapper won't load it, and no option to use this driver appears, nor does the autoprobe find one that works, nor have any of the 'likely suspects' on the list worked.

Same for the wireless 3946 driver and the yk51x86.inf file

thoughts?

jf

friedsonjm

#2 Post by friedsonjm »

Well.. I just downloaded packages from the Marvel Yukon site.. will get to try them at some point soon...

friedsonjm

#3 Post by friedsonjm »

A long and unsuccessful evening; could not get the drivers to install. This is the first LInux distro I've found [Lighthouse version] that could not even find and install the 'wired' adapter, nevermind the wireless.

I have a choice so far - boot from USB, or have network connection.

<sigh>

jf

jonyo

#4 Post by jonyo »

Not uncommon in my experience for ndiswrapper not to work out in linux.

friedsonjm

#5 Post by friedsonjm »

Solved.. required use of Puppy 3.0 Beta and downloading new windoes drivers for the intel 3924, then trying out all the inf files until one worked <sigh>.
jf

Laurelwinn

#6 Post by Laurelwinn »

I've had that happen before, but it was because of a bad install than ndis not working. Used the same cd and presto, my networking tools came up again. *using Ndis to get my Netopia USB G wireless card to work*
The Leaf Dancer

Nomad Rig: Winbook SI, 800MHz CPU, 128MB Ram, 12GB HDD, ATI graphics chip, Puppy 2.17, and dried fruit for a quick pick me up