touchscreen in puppy.

Using applications, configuring, problems
ruler-nrg

touchscreen in puppy.

#1 Post by ruler-nrg »

I have a problem.
I'm using puppy for about 2 weeks now. Everything works fine.

however:
ik have a touchscreen. It coms with drivers for linux and works fine on redhat 6 and fedora3.

The driver needs to be installed in /usr/X11/lib/modules and i need to edit my xconfig or xorg config file. However i cant find the map and the xconfig file.

Is there any way i can get my touchscreen to work under puppy ?

thanks.

ps: as an Attachment i wil put the readme from the driver.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

Puppy uses the Kdrive-Xserver, which has no configurationfile like XFree or Xorg.

There is a Puppy with XFree 4.5, please try to find it with the forum-search.

I had success in compiling xorg yesterday, but it has to be optimized a lot (currently 100 MB in size).
Maybe this weekend, maybe during the week I can tell more.

But don't be too hopefull, my mousedriver and keyboard-driver does not work, so it uses default drivers (no mousewheel, no german keymap, feel like sitting on good old C64 ;) ).

So I fear there could be trouble with touchscreendrivers too.

The best really will be to try the XFree-Puppy.

Mark

Ruler-Nrg

#3 Post by Ruler-Nrg »

yes i have seen that one.. the only problem is that the link is down :( and i can t find it anywere else... i would love to try it.. if there is anyone with a working link... please post it.

Thnx

MU

#4 Post by MU »

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=2303

:)

Now my mousewheel is working too, there just was missing a symbolic link in /dev
So it should work with your driver too.

Mark

Ruler-Nrg

#5 Post by Ruler-Nrg »

OK ! Thats great! now i finely have al the maps en the xorg.conf. Thanks for That.

But...

My driver readmy says that i have to edit The "Serverlayout" Section But In the Xorg.conf
I cant find that... I tryed adding it myself But if i do so X wil not start anymore..
Anyone ho knows how to fix that ?