How to give my Puppy the icons from EZPup?

Using applications, configuring, problems
SirDuncan

How to give my Puppy the icons from EZPup?

#1 Post by SirDuncan »

I really like the icons from EZPup, but I don't want to install it on my current save file. It has stuff I don't need (xmms for one). I was wondering if there was a DotPet that would install just the icons.

I don't want it to mess with my current desktop shortcuts, other than to make them look better. Is there anything like this? If not, can someone tell me how to do this manually?

WhoDo

Re: Icons from EZPup

#2 Post by WhoDo »

SirDuncan wrote:I really like the icons from EZPup, but I don't want to install it on my current save file. It has stuff I don't need (xmms for one). I was wondering if there was a DotPet that would install just the icons.

I don't want it to mess with my current desktop shortcuts, other than to make them look better. Is there anything like this? If not, can someone tell me how to do this manually?
You can unpack the Ezpup.pet and extract only what you want or need.

Code: Select all

pet2tgz EZpup-2.1.7R2.pet
Then simply click on the archive to extract the directory or file that you want. BTW, xmms is NOT included with EZpup. The full list of contents is available on the EZpup Help wiki page.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

SirDuncan

#3 Post by SirDuncan »

You are right. I hadn't read the wiki before and when I saw the missing dependency "libxmms" I assumed that xmms was in there. My faux paus.

Still, I don't want my current shortcuts messed with, so I will have to do this the un-EZ way.

Thanks for your help.
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

This may be completely wrong. :oops: I haven't actually tried it, but couldn't you replace the appropriate image in /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps with whatever image you want? In that case, solving your problem might be as simple as replacing your pixmaps directory with the one from EZPup.