Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 17:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
1.0.5RC -Strange Behavior
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
babbs

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2005, 00:43    Post_subject:  1.0.5RC -Strange Behavior  

Working from my laptop, 512MB RAM, CD-Boot... Using 1GB SanDisk Mini Cruzer...

Yesterday, I tried alpha2, but the video was overwhelmed with red... I can't explain it, and can't reproduce the symptoms today.

Today, I downloaded and booted with 1.0.5RC... I'm typing from it right now! Very Happy

I found it strange that when I first tried to boot it came up red like alpha2. Even stranger, I then booted to XP to copy the pup003 to the C:\, but found the pup003 to be smaller than it should have been. I deleted pup003 and tried again. Since my USB is 1.1, each attempt takes forever.

After 4 boots, the colors were normal. I didn't do anything to fix them, they just started working. Also, each of the boots resulted in different sized pup003 files on the thumb drive. I gave up and copied my Chubby Puppy 1.0.4 pup001 file to pup003 on the C drive through Windows. When I booted again with the thumb drive removed, 1.0.5RC found the pup003 file I created, did some updating to it and everything has been fine since.

Since I didn't want to blame Puppy for crashing my car (I was driving while doing the initial boots, only 2.5 hours to get home tonight), I didn't take any notes. Puppy 1.0.5RC was not able to create a usable pup003 file on my laptop. Some were too small, but all were corrupt. Some of the bootups hung while loading to RAM. I don't know why, but the only thing that I can think might have been a factor is the USB version/speed because once I took USB out of the picture, the boot problems went away.

My modem was found ttyS1 like before. I configured wvdial and dialed out successfully on the first try. I don't know if its an inactivity disconnect feature, but every couple of minutes, wvdial keeps loosing the connection. I'm not used to this... Its rather anoying.

So far, everything that I've tried seems to work. I will continue to try different things... I'm pretty happy with so far.

Its been a long day/week... I'm pretty tired right now... I'll re-read/edit this over the weekend...

Thanks Barry!
babbs
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum