Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Dec 2014, 22:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Puppy Professional just for business
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 11 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
gliezl

PostPosted: Sun 22 Oct 2006, 20:40    Post_subject:  

Nevermore wrote:

its a pity is still on 2.02 and that she removed the international keyb layouts (i use italian keyb and had to figure out how to make it work).
Very Happy

Nevermore, if you could remaster the CD again, you can remove this line in the isolinux.cfg before you burn the iso.
Code:
PKEYS=us

If I can manage to have time, I'll try it in 2.12 release. Probably, Vista like. Cheers to everyone!
Very Happy

Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 22 Oct 2006, 21:13    Post_subject:  

gliezl wrote:
Probably, Vista like. Cheers to everyone!
Very Happy

Good news - hope you go with Vista

It took a long time for people to adopt XP
(the devil they know)
They will be equally cautious with Vista
but initial hardware is still linked to the 'MS tax'

We however can have the look and feel of the next generation
(for many) with the speed and reliability of an evolving and supported environment

woof woof

edoc

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct 2006, 19:43    Post_subject:  

gliezl wrote:
Nevermore wrote:

its a pity is still on 2.02 and that she removed the international keyb layouts (i use italian keyb and had to figure out how to make it work).
Very Happy

Nevermore, if you could remaster the CD again, you can remove this line in the isolinux.cfg before you burn the iso.
Code:
PKEYS=us

If I can manage to have time, I'll try it in 2.12 release. Probably, Vista like. Cheers to everyone!
Very Happy

Is there a timeline on the PuppyPro 2.12 release?

I need to acquire some mini-CD's and test burning them. Sure will make for a neat
handout -- maybe even holiday gifts!

Puppy Carolina 1.3 & Lighthouse64-b602
richard.a

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2007, 01:17    Post_subject:  

Just thought that I would mention that since discovering there is a whole raft of 3 or 4 year old computers and older, some with reasonably fast processors, that won't run Puppy v2.12 and later, but will run 2.11 and earlier, that I've started working on a derivative of 2.10professional for use on such computers.

This is an advance notice so that duplication can be avoided if someone else is thinking along the same lines. It isn't an indication that there is something able to be shared at this stage. It's in bits and pieces Smile

The rationale is that there is a lot of customisation that has already gone into this particular puppy derivation.

I'm working on two that use different flavours of icons, in the way that WhoDo did with 2.15ce and Ez-Pup which I've applied to 2.15 and 2.16 with great success.

At the moment it will retain JWM as I'm more interested in getting the two products out in a testing format.

I've taken the liberty of doing some modifications to the icons and the menuing.

I've created a "Shutdown" 3-option dialogue, and am working on a "Control Panel" one (with maybe an "Administrative Tools" one, to please some of the Windows uses who may be attracted.

Thoughts are to include the 2.15 and the EZpup wallpers and to add a few of mine too, and to give you an idea of my thoughts, here is the partly worked on unit with a mixture of icons from Rhino's original design, Warren's from 215ce, and mine - all in the splendid 2.15 format Smile

The full-sized 1280x1024 desktop can be seen here
The shutdown dialogue looks like this...

The menuing will be a compromise between the cascading menus for JWM that I experimented with last year, and those with 2.10pro.

We owe a lot to the time and dedication put into this project about a year ago by Rhino. Thanks, mate Smile

And the substitution of the nicer looking icewm MAY (not promised) become a fait accompli, but please no urging to do it Smile

Puppy is a great and versatile product, I believe. I would also like to do one I've musingly called pupbuntu for the benefit of ubuntu users (I know a couple in the US) who need a faster live distro that does most things Smile

Richard in downtown Adelaide
Where the Wizard of Oz lived at one time
He even had a yellow brick road outside the front of the Festival Theatre Very Happy

e_mattis

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan 2013, 02:48    Post_subject: where'd it go?  

So what happened to this particular derivitive? did it die?

Would like to know if it is still out there somewhere.

E
musher0

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:18    Post_subject: Re: where'd it go?  

e_mattis wrote:
So what happened to this particular derivitive? did it die?

Would like to know if it is still out there somewhere.

E

Hello, e_mattis.

It evolved into Puppy Classic 2.17 and is now maintained by ttuuxxx. Please see :
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=42553

Best regards.

musher0

musher0

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jan 2013, 00:07    Post_subject:  

HI.

If anyone is interested in business apps for Puppy, a buddy and I are doing research and try-outs on the more recent stuff, here : http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=82649 and here : http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=83572 (this latter thread for the more technical aspects of databasing).

The discussion is in French, however the links are in URL, a universal language. Smile As well, since we don't have the gift of multi-location, if one or a few English-speaking members would mirror or summarize our results here, -- or even better, do more research and reports with a view to collaborate to a possible "Business Puppy" package (that's our goal) --, you're more than welcome to do so.

Sincerely,

musher0

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 11 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum