I want to type cantonese in puppy linux

Booting, installing, newbie

I want to type cantonese in puppy linux

#1 Post by Guest »

I want the puppy linux support cantonese and type cantonese.
What should i do?
May somebody teach me?
Please!!!

The top is me, i type wrong , it should be...

#2 Post by Guest »

I want to see the cantonese and type cantonese in puppy linux 1.0.4
What should i do ?
May someone help me?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Is Cantonese a form of Chinese? If so, does it use the Chinese pictures, or does it use some form of alphabet that can be put on a keyboard?

#4 Post by Guest »

Sorry,i dont know what it means............
I want to type tradional chinese character and support tradinonal chinese character. (MAYBE I TALK SO UNCLEAR ON THE TOP AND THE SECOND)

puppian

#5 Post by puppian »

Welcome to the forum :)

To start with, take a look at this

That program (called WebInput) allows you to type Chinese (Trad. or Simp.) in any browser, though the 'Cantonese words' are not supported (you know what I mean right?)

If you want to have Cantonese support in all program, you need to read this

And don't forget to come back and teach me and the others how to do it after you've got it :D

Flash, Cantonese is a dialect. The writing system is similar to Chinese (and so the IME), though the sound can be very different. There're many types of IME that can be used to input Cantonese, some use the English alphabet while others "use some form of alphabet that can be put on a keyboard".
[url=http://puppylinux.org]Puppylinux.org - Community home page of Puppy Linux[/url] hosted by Barry (creator of Puppy), created and maintained by the [url=http://puppylinux.org/user/readarticle.php?article_id=8]Puppy Linux Foundation[/url] since 2005

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Thanks, puppian. :)

#7 Post by Guest »

puppian wrote:Welcome to the forum :)

To start with, take a look at this

That program (called WebInput) allows you to type Chinese (Trad. or Simp.) in any browser, though the 'Cantonese words' are not supported (you know what I mean right?)

If you want to have Cantonese support in all program, you need to read this

And don't forget to come back and teach me and the others how to do it after you've got it :D

Flash, Cantonese is a dialect. The writing system is similar to Chinese (and so the IME), though the sound can be very different. There're many types of IME that can be used to input Cantonese, some use the English alphabet while others "use some form of alphabet that can be put on a keyboard".

Thanks a lot!!!