Get IRQ error on boot up from CD on Satellite laptop

Booting, installing, newbie
bshephrd

Get IRQ error on boot up from CD on Satellite laptop

#1 Post by bshephrd »

Trying to load this on laptop, Satellite 2545XCDT, get this error message..

Loading a pcmcia base module...
Linux Kernal Card Services 3.1.22
options: [pci] [cardbus] [pm]
Intel ISA PCIC probe : not found
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module paramenters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
you may find more information in Syslog ot the output from dmesg databook TCIC-2 PCMCIA probe: not found.
No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:13.3 Please try using pci=biosirq

No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:13.3 Please try using pci=biosirq
Than hangs up...

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

there isn't a way (that I know of) to pass additional parameters to the kernel with Puppy with the boot CD

there are work arounds by copying a few files to the hard drive and installing or using grub. are you interested in running it from the hard drive?

Thanks BruceB

#3 Post by Guest »

Thank you for answering. I finally got it installed on hard drive. Seems to be working just got to figure out how to hook to the internet.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

If you know what the problem was, would you please share it for the benefit of other people who use the forum? Thanks. :)

i need help

#5 Post by Guest »

i have puppy downloaded to a cd and used a iso burner to burn it the right way.
well when i try to boot puppy from the cd (im am on a toshiba satellite)i get the error messages as in the first post and it hangs up

is it doable to load puppy with a computer with another opperatins system (i have win xp home) and not mess with my other install?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Guest, it's not clear what you are asking. If you mean, can you run Puppy from within XP without having to install it, I think the answer is is a conditional yes. I say conditional because you may have the same problem trying to run from the HD as you have when you try to run Puppy from the CD. You may find out more here, under Unusual ways to run Puppy

If bshephrd had been good enough to tell us what solved his problem, you might have found your answer by now.

bshephrd

Get error on boot up from CD

#7 Post by bshephrd »

Sorry, I never came back to check the board. I just reset my BIOS to default settings and it corrected my problem. Think it was something to do with IRQ's setting in the first place.