upgrade 1.01 -> 1.02 bugs

Please post any bugs you have found
Romain

upgrade 1.01 -> 1.02 bugs

#1 Post by Romain »

Dear Barry,

I wanted to upgrade Puppy from 101 to 102 and after that he did'nt recognize my mouse (nor my touchpad). I removed /etc/mousedevice and ran xwin to give him the information again (usb mouse with scroll wheel) but it didn't work. Mystery ...

I also tried a brutal installation of Xfree430 by copying the files from Puppy-Unleashed to my directories and the X server crashed. (by starting X from the the prompt, he indicated a "bus error"). I guess it is normal since I didn't configure anything. How to
use this package "xfree430" ? Do we have to add Xfree86+XF86config+ ... ?

Thank you for your help (and excuse me for my stupid questions).

Romain.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Anyone else got a problem with usb mouse?

Migration to the 2.6 kernel is bound to have some glitches. There are different modules, and many that are the same name actually work differently.

gelias

Upgrading to 1.0.2

#3 Post by gelias »

BarryK wrote:Anyone else got a problem with usb mouse?

Migration to the 2.6 kernel is bound to have some glitches. There are different modules, and many that are the same name actually work differently.
I work with a serial mouse, and I have to erase /etc/mousedevice and configure the mouse every time I boot up Puppy.

I'm my case some of the files from /.usr were not moved to /tmp/USRREMOVED/. Puppy deleted them.

And when i tried to moved the fles from /tmp/USRREMOVED/ to /.usr using ROX it gave some errors (it said there were no space) so I moved them with the console.

I forgot to test de sound. my sound card have never worked with Puppy I'll check it out.

greetings and thanks for working on Puppy

gelias

I did it again

#4 Post by gelias »

I started from scratch with a pup001 Backup. And this time it upgraded well. I don't know what went wrong the first time. Both pup001 were the same.......