Is there a Bittorrent for Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Flash
Official Dog Handler

Is there a Bittorrent for Puppy?

#1 Post by Flash »

Is one of the several P2P Dotpups easy to set up as a seeder (or whatever it's called?) and compatible with Bittorrent? I'd be happy to leave my computer on all night or day occasionally to upload Puppy or some other useful program on Bittorrent, but I don't see an easy (as in point-and-click) way to do this in Puppy.

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

The sept 28 news has the torrent location http://www.goosee.com/puppy/news.htm

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

ctorrent is very small and does work, and is relatively easy (as in type-in-an-rxvt-window)

Azureus is not really hard to use ... it's about 5 megs and requires Java ... the full Sun Java takes about 84 megs of space on the hard drive ... i don't know if John Murga's java package would work with Azureus

if you just want to download or to help seed torrents that are already online, Opera 8.5 is very easy to use ... just click the torrent link just like you would to download any file, and it downloads automatically ... uploading with bit torrent is exactly the same as downloading ... Opera does not restart a torrent automatically, if you start Opera again after you shut it down, you have to restart any torrents that have finished downloading, if you want them to continue uploading