Graveman wont burn bootable cd

Using applications, configuring, problems
data

Graveman wont burn bootable cd

#1 Post by data »

I have tried many time to burn an ISO ,Graveman writes it as Iso file only and nothing else on it and it is not bootable.Is there any bug or am I doing something wrong. I have used its default setups. Any help would be appreciated.

ozboomer

#2 Post by ozboomer »

Just for something else to try...

You might go through the option 'Start > Setup > Create custom Puppy live-CD' and use the old/original script to create the .iso file... and the use the option 'Start > Multimedia > burniso2cd burn iso file to CD' to actually burn the ISO image directly to your CD-R.

Note that there's occasionally some dramas with trying to write ISOs to CD-RWs.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

I've used Start -> Multimedia -> Burniso2cd to burn several bootable CDs -- even a multisession CD. See this thread for some problems I ran into and their solution.

#4 Post by Guest »

You need to use the Duplicate CD and not the Data CD choice. After you select Duplicate CD, click the drop down on Duplicate From and select ISO file, then browse to the iso file you're trying to burn. I was doing the same thing and then discovered this.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

yes, when you get the idea how Graveman works, which doesn't take long,
you'll love it.

data

#6 Post by data »

The way explained by 'guest' ie using DUPLICATE button worked and it wrote bootable cd.Then what is the function of DATA button?
Perhaps BARRY can explain.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#7 Post by BarryK »

data wrote:The way explained by 'guest' ie using DUPLICATE button worked and it wrote bootable cd.Then what is the function of DATA button?
Perhaps BARRY can explain.
The DATA button is for copying files to a CD from your hard drive, rather than duplicating a CD.
Writing an iso file to CD falls under the latter category.