playing news video in xine, gxine

Using applications, configuring, problems
Walt H

playing news video in xine, gxine

#1 Post by Walt H »

I know it is possible to install codecs for Windows Media Player (Real Player, also?) in xine. But is it then possible to play back, say news video feeds in xine or gxine. I mention news video feeds in particular because they tend to want to launch in their own window. Is there a way to make then launch in xine, and will they then work?
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

Walt H

#2 Post by Walt H »

I'm bumping this up because I am still having trouble in this area. I am now running 1.0.5 (the wireless utility worked fine and I got my connection working after a little tweaking). I installed the extra xine-codecs dotpup and the bugfix pupget, but I cannot play streaming video from sites like news.bbc.co.uk or cnn.com. Has anyone had success playing video from either of these site in gxine. Do they work any better with mplayer? If I go that route, is there a GUI interface for mplayer?

Maybe someone has actually compiled RealPlayer to run in Puppy???
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

dvw86

#3 Post by dvw86 »

Just download RealPlayer from their web site and run it. It works fine in Puppy.
Last edited by dvw86 on Mon 03 Oct 2005, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

i was going to make an mplayer plugin package, but i didn't get it to work right ... it sometimes froze ... i haven't looked at it since ... maybe it would work better with the newer versions of Puppy