Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Dec 2014, 19:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
pBurn 4.3.11
Page 4 of 145 [2163 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 143, 144, 145 Next
Henry

PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec 2007, 17:30    Post subject:  

I tried burn on the fly also with same result. I'm pretty sure I was able to burn a DVD, but not a CD, before with v 0.4, but not with 0.5.
Last edited by Henry on Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:33; edited 1 time in total
zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec 2007, 18:45    Post subject:  

I have fixed Pburn to work with a vfat temporary storage. Look out for version 0.6. Thank you guys, for pointing this out.
Dingo

PostPosted: Thu 20 Dec 2007, 06:01    Post subject:  

zigbert wrote:
I have fixed Pburn to work with a vfat temporary storage. Look out for version 0.6. Thank you guys, for pointing this out.

Thanks Zig! can you give us a download link for this release?
zigbert

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec 2007, 09:37    Post subject:  

Version 0.6 is uploaded. See main post.
Henry

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec 2007, 12:06    Post subject:  

Good morning, Zigbert,

You have been busy!! The new GUI and help files are very fine.

Henry

Last edited by Henry on Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:30; edited 1 time in total
Dingo

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec 2007, 12:19    Post subject:  

The same for me

a couple of problems still

on puppy 3.0.1

1= temp storage:

I have tried to change storage setting in an empty directory on a vfat filesystem, but, after folder selection, the box shows not to me the path. stills blank so, the temp storage is setted somewhere on the pup_save file (to tmp directory I think) not so good thing. Maybe, it's a problem to move temp storage directory in the program?

now:

choosing to leave the settings to default (temp storage on pup_save file) The burn works, fully without problems

cheking box to choose burning on fly, gives an error

INPUT BUFFER ERROR

2= other problem (lesser)

after importing previous disc sessions, the filesize of imported files from session is showed as 0
Henry

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec 2007, 20:43    Post subject: Excellent burner  

Hi, Zigbert,

Merry Christmas!

Henry

Last edited by Henry on Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:27; edited 1 time in total
zigbert

PostPosted: Sat 22 Dec 2007, 04:41    Post subject:  

Dingo
Your #1: When choosing a directory, you must select the dir in the right panel. (not dig inside it). This is somewhat unlogical, and I will rethink this.

your #2: Size of file from imported sessions are not meant to be shown.

Henry
Burning on-the-fly is much easier with DVDs. If you check the 'advanced' - you'll see the burning command. If you ever dive into this, and gets your CDs burnt on-the-fly, please tell us what commandline you get. Burning on-the-fly CDs seems be more system-sensitive than the 'growisofs' command used for DVDs. I'm not at all any kind of guru, - so I want feedback to optimize the burning parameters.

Merry christmas
Sigmund

Henry

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:25    Post subject:  

Good morning, Sigmund,

Apologies for my confusion earlier. V.0.6 is working fine now for me. You are to be congratulated for a very nice app. I am editing out my post above.

Henry
zigbert

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec 2007, 16:30    Post subject:  

Henry. - That's good to hear. What a nice christmas gift to get. I guess that means it is time to look at the language support.

Sigmund

magerlab

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec 2007, 16:47    Post subject:  

Hello, Zigbert!
Happy new year!
does it mean that i can start to translate pburn?

pbackup
and pfind are in work( i was a bit busy with my small children)

can you explain somewhere how your locale support works?

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec 2007, 08:14    Post subject:  

I have tested Pburn, and I have a very long list of problems. I didn't try a CD, only a DVD, and tested on Dingo.

/proc/ide does not exist in Dingo. All CD/DVD drives are now /dev/sr* and 'probdisk' finds them, or you can look in /sys/block.

The first time I tried it, I ran pburn from a terminal, and choose a directory to burn, clicked "Burn" button, then got the Preferences window -- however that was too late as I saw lots of messages that /tmp had become full. That's all wrong, should default to "on the fly" to avoid such a problem.

Second attempt, I ran Preferences first, chose DVD and on-the-fly, but the "Advanced" option to edit the commandline did not work at all.

I wanted to edit the commandline, as Rockridge option should use '-R' and not '-r', as the latter modifies file attributes to read-only which is bad when files are recovered off the DVD.

When the Preferences window was up, the terminal window kept writing lines about "/tmp/pburn-splash: no such file", continuously, scrolling off the window.

When I clicked the Burn button, a great many error messages in the terminal, including something like "/usr/local/pburn/func-exec: line 13: /tmp/pburn-log: no space left on device" -- but it was a new DVD-R.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec 2007, 08:36    Post subject:  

zigbert,
One thing I don't understand. You have done it the same way that nathan did, creating a directory in /tmp with symlinks in the case of on-the-fly, but perhaps that isn't necessary. A list of directories and files can be supplied to be burnt, without needing to build a directory of symlinks -- it has been awhile, but I seem to remember that is possible.

Note, I've never had any problem with on-the-fly burning of CDs or DVDs, I think it should be the default for both cases.

zigbert

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec 2007, 16:16    Post subject:  

magerlab
In basic you translate the language template and helpfile, and changes filename from english to russian. If files are put into same directory as the english files, program will autodetect new language, and it is then available in 'configure'. To build a new package of russian pbackup you repack it after language is changed. Also keep the configfile in /root/...(.pbackup/pbackuprc or .pfindrc). Please wait to translate Pburn until it reaches beta release. That will be Pburn 0.9.

BarryK
Great bugreport, but I can't recontruct a bleep of it. I guess I need to install dingo for futher testing. The detection of burning devices will have the same trouble in Pbackup.

-R for rockridge will be default in next release. Thank you.

Quote:
One thing I don't understand. You have done it the same way that nathan did, creating a directory in /tmp with symlinks in the case of on-the-fly, but perhaps that isn't necessary. A list of directories and files can be supplied to be burnt, without needing to build a directory of symlinks -- it has been awhile, but I seem to remember that is possible.
This symlink-mirror is great for managing filesystem on CD/DVD. You can freely create new dirs on disc, rename links, reorganize linkstructure....And still all links points to the original file. I guess it would be absolutely possible to make graftpoints instead, but it would be a more complex task. And in the end, I don't see the huge drawback.

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec 2007, 17:59    Post subject:  

Back after some dingo checking. I was not aware of that dingo has got wodim instead of cdrecord. Pburn uses cdrecord to check if disc is not closed for futher multisession, and to get the adress of previous session.
Code:
SECTIONS="`cdrecord dev=$BURNDEV -msinfo 2> /dev/null | grep -F ","`"
With cdrecord this returns either adress or nothing. In dingo, with wodim it returns adress or it never returns. - If disc is not a valid multisession disc, wodim asks to reload disc, and then nothing more... If there where another way to check if disc is a multisession disk, Pburn could run a test before using wodim to return adress of last session.

But right now, I don't know any other way to detect a multisession disc...HELP

Sigmund

Page 4 of 145 [2163 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 143, 144, 145 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: