More icons, please

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
everettattebury

More icons, please

#1 Post by everettattebury »

How about some dotpups to replace the default icons? It would be nice to be able to click a dotpup and switch to the gnome icons, or noia, or nuoveXT.

The first step would be to map the names puppy uses for icons to the names that gnome and kde use.

Does anyone else like that idea?
Running Puppy 1.0.2 from 1gb Sandisk Cruzer Mini.

klhrevolutionist

icons

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

If you open up dotpup downloader & go to miscellaneous(contrib)
and look in that category there are three sets of icons you can choose from
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

rarsa

#3 Post by rarsa »

You may want to have a look at This thread. I talk about IceWM but the icons section can easily be extrapolated to the rox pinboard.

The Pinboard icons are located under /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps

The icon associaton should be replaced in /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons.

My recommendation to install an Icon theme would be not to change icons 'in place' but to backup the globicons and replace the whole file.

Actually, instead of creating individual DotPups to install the themes, I think a better idea is to have a shared script similar (or part of) thoughJourney's JWM configuration script to let the users change the icons theme without having to reinstall a dotpup.

I haven't prepared any dotpups for this just because the best icon themes (for my taste) are usually too large (crystalsvg is 56 MB). So I've been picking and choosing them as needed.

puppian

#4 Post by puppian »

Extract the file to /root/Choices (you can use TkZip to do that) and then reboot.

Icons in /root/Choices/MIME-icons (instead of those in /usr/local/share/Choices/MIME-icons) will be used by Rox if present.

A dotpup (maybe with more icons) will be coming soon if people like the idea :)

Edit: klhrevolutionist has made a dotpup already (before this) with different icons! So get it HERE.
Attachments
MIME-icons.tar.gz
Rox Icon Theme
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
[url=http://puppylinux.org]Puppylinux.org - Community home page of Puppy Linux[/url] hosted by Barry (creator of Puppy), created and maintained by the [url=http://puppylinux.org/user/readarticle.php?article_id=8]Puppy Linux Foundation[/url] since 2005