Getting HP CD Writer Plus to work

Booting, installing, newbie
jcagle

Getting HP CD Writer Plus to work

#1 Post by jcagle »

I just started trying to use the CD burner in Linux this morning. I was unable to get it set up properly.

I ran the CD/DVD drive wizard, but it still doesn't work.

I'm not on that machine at the moment, but if anyone could help, it'd be very much appreciated.

jcagle

#2 Post by jcagle »

No help here?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Ian »

Could you supply some more information about your setup and what steps you have taken so far please.

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

I'll be able to do give you details (exact model numbers, etc) when I get home.

I have ran the CD/DVD writer wizard, and have attempted to burn with Gc ombus and Xcdroast. It's been a while since I've used Linux, and I've not had experience burning to CD-R while in Linux before. All my CD-burning experience has been Mac and Windows. So there may be something very basic I'm doing wrong that I'm not aware of. I can't remember every single step I've taken now.

If there is something on the Puppy site to help me out, I can probably find it when I have time. I don't have much time now...class is about to start. If there is help on the web site and anyone has the time, a link to help me out quickly would be appreciated.

Bruce B

#5 Post by Bruce B »

did you set it up for scsi emulation? I think you are supposed to. Not sure, because I'm still using 1.04

Auda

#6 Post by Auda »

Have you tried fiddling with the scsi settings under burn in Gcombust ? If mine are set to 0 it works but thats not what they were for a start.
I havn't worked out how to use a floppy image to make a bootable cd yet, help anyone ?

What version puppy are you using ?

Auda

klhrevolutionist

never

#7 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I never used gcombust. Always preferred Xcdroast which is available
as a pupget. By using Xcdroast I never had to run the wizard.
And everything worked fine. Xcdroast can do just about you want it to do.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

jcagle

#8 Post by jcagle »

I got Gcombust to work...evidently I messed up when I ran the CD/DVD Writer wizard earlier...I didn't hit OK. haha