I switched to Puppy and now i need help

Booting, installing, newbie
rarsa

#41 Post by rarsa »

Did you increase the volume in Puppy throught the Mixer? It's under the multimedia menu.

Alucard_the_dex

#42 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

THANK YOU! XD

Alucard_the_dex

#43 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

how do i uninstall icewm>???????

MU

#44 Post by MU »

Delete /root/my-applications/bin/ice*

and /root/.icewm/

Mark

Alucard_the_dex

#45 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

MU wrote:Delete /root/my-applications/bin/ice*

and /root/.icewm/

Mark
My trach bin doesnt seem to be working >< it never shows that its full and eventho it says its empty i go look inside it everything still there

Alucard_the_dex

#46 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

nvm

MU

#47 Post by MU »

If you choose "look inside", the files of the trashcan itself are shown. These must not be deleted.

If you choose "empty the trash", and click it once then, the folder that opens should be empty?

Mark

Alucard_the_dex

#48 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

tanks

Alucard_the_dex

#49 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

K new topic Media My comp freezes when trying to play a CD and i need to knowhow to stream video in firefox without realplayer cuz aparently quicktime isnt made for linux yet
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

danleff

#50 Post by danleff »

Actually, I just added Quicktime and RealPlayer 8 codecs to my Debian Sarge installation for Mplayer. I wonder how difficult this would be to do in Puppy?

But, keeping in mind that Puppy is designed as a small efficient distro. People keep wanting to make it bigger!
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith

rarsa

#51 Post by rarsa »

But, keeping in mind that Puppy is designed as a small efficient distro. People keep wanting to make it bigger!
I've been thinking about that every time there is a big package like java or python or CUPS.

My interpretation is: Keep the base puppy small, don't add to the base puppy applications that have heavy dependencies.

I don't see that statement as curtailing the ability to grow puppy to one's needs. If someone want's to grow it's own puppy great!

The core puppy will stay small for download and for quick execution. The rest, is up to the user based on individual needs and equipment capabilities.

If puppy meets 90% of someone's need then adding the remaining 10% should be possible.

If Puppy meets just a fraction of the needs, then they should be looking somewhere else for alternatives. That's the beauty of Linux. There are many specialized distributions. The speciality of puppy is well described in it's mission statement.

Alucard_the_dex

#52 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

I dont really need codec i mean i just wanna play Mpegswhich im sure it already plays i just want it to play IN the browser without making a temp file like Quicktime did atleast i dont think it made a temp file im sure it streamed it
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend