bladehunter is no more :-(

News, happenings
JohnMurga
Site Admin

bladehunter is no more :-(

#1 Post by JohnMurga »

Hi,

This saddens me very much, but "bladehunter" has finally left the community and asked for his profile to be removed ... It is a shame to see him go as he is a very long standing member of the community and someone who has contributed a great deal to Puppy.

Adding any more may earn me the wrath of the zealots again, so I'll let his statement speak for itself :
bladehunter wrote:As I no longer want to offer support for the Puppy project I would like to have my profile removed. The reasons for removal are that I get PM's and I am not the type of person not to reply, even if it is to say I can no longer offer support which I am sure some would find offensive to get that kind of reply, so to avoid being rude and just ignoring ppl I would like to have my profile removed.
Robert, you'll be missed ...

Cheers
JohnM

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Dang. It's due to Bladehunter that I started using Puppy on a regular basis. If he wouldn't have helped me (and others, of whom I read their posts to learn more), I never would have gotten my network working, so I wouldn't have gotten onto the internet, so I would have stuck with Windows.

Well, adios amigo :(
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Bladehunter,
There is an alternative.
Your p.m. box has a quota -- just let it fill up, don't delete any messages,
then I presume any further postings will fail.

Raman

Regrettable

#4 Post by Raman »

Regrettable.

Most unfortunate.

Sorry to see him go.

Raman

babbs

#5 Post by babbs »

This news is not good. I hope he will continue to remain in contact with other members of the Puppy community. His postings have been most informative. Maybe now, people will do as he requested and actually search the archives for solutions already provided. I hope he reconsiders and returns after taking a break.

gliezl

#6 Post by gliezl »

Bladehunter, please don't leave us. :cry:
[color=blue][i]"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller[/i][/color]

Pizzasgood

#7 Post by Pizzasgood »

Blade, now look what you've gone and done. You made Gliezl cry! You should be ashamed of yourself. Humph.

You know, now that your profile is gone, you can post as the "guest" bladehunter, and be free from all methods of contact. You could be the embodiment of the stealthy hunter. Those blades will never see you comming, and they won't see you leave. They definately won't be able to find your inbox. :wink:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

rarsa

#8 Post by rarsa »

The guy was helpfull. He just didn't understand that not all the people have the same interests and abilities as him.

We'll eventually have wireless working as seamless as possible in puppy while at the same time developing the visual appeal.

Hey blade. Maybe now that you're not receiving PMs you can put more time into the wireless thing. I have some ideas for it.

If it is some consolation. One of your posts gave me the idea to prepare CUPS. It's still not puppyfied but the day has just so many hours for me.

Rich

#9 Post by Rich »

it's very sad that it's hapened.
Hope he drops by now and then just to let us know he's still out there !

raffy

Lows and Waiting

#10 Post by raffy »

Everyone of us gets a low point sometime, and by then it is just so easy to think of severing connections, undoing everything, and the like, hopefully not to regret it later.

Am truly sad that this happened. It is a loss not only to the Puppy group but also to himself, letting the long hours he put into those posts be gone in a snap.

This is the second time I've seen B (as I called him) say goodbye, although in the first, he did via a direct post.

Hey, B, drop by here when you have the time for vacation and let's have rounds and rounds of beer (in this place frequented by vacation puppies) :D Link

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#11 Post by JohnMurga »

rarsa wrote:The guy was helpfull. He just didn't understand that not all the people have the same interests and abilities as him.
That is an unfortunate and wholy innacurate statement I fear ...

I don't think you understand ...
rarsa wrote:We'll eventually have wireless working as seamless as possible in puppy while at the same time developing the visual appeal.

Hey blade. Maybe now that you're not receiving PMs you can put more time into the wireless thing. I have some ideas for it.

If it is some consolation. One of your posts gave me the idea to prepare CUPS. It's still not puppyfied but the day has just so many hours for me.
He has switched over to Win2k, I suspect you will see no futher Puppy work from him. Not that your stement would have been the best way to encourage this anyway (?).

Now I know you don't understand ...

Cheers
JohnM

rarsa

#12 Post by rarsa »

Now I know you don't understand ...
Note: the next parragraphs are not to start a discussion, just so you understand where I was comming from.

The only background I have from bladehunter is from his posts.

What I get is that he was frustrated with new users asking the same questions. Plus with the fixation on the look and feel instead of with broadening the HW support (e.g. printers, wireless)

So, let's be clear, I don't know him, I just 'know' him from his posts. I make no interpretations, my comments came just out from his posts.
That is an unfortunate and wholy innacurate statement I fear ...
There must be a missunderstanding here, I don't know (you are right) why my statement is unfortunate. That's an accurate statement that applies to everybody else. Not everybody has the same interests and abilities.
He has switched over to Win2k,
I've never left WInXP.
Not that your stement would have been the best way to encourage this anyway (?).
My statement meant 'we are going to get there'.

So, Don't take my comments too personal. I just pointed out that he was helpfull (and no, I haven't been around here enough to know how much).

My comments did not have any bad connotations, I'm sorry if it came out that way.