Anyone interested in a Puppy mailing list?

Promote Puppy !
brad_chuck

Anyone interested in a Puppy mailing list?

#1 Post by brad_chuck »

Is there a puppy mailing list? If not I could do one.. Sum up what is going on on the forum. Then have a wiki page that people can drop stuff to add to the next list.

Let me know? I have more ideas.

jcagle

#2 Post by jcagle »

I like that idea...it's hard for me to keep up with every single thread.

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

It's hard for me just to keep up with the threads I'm interested in. I gave up on every single thread long ago. I guess that's actually a good thing, though (the many threads, not my giving up :roll: )
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

brad_chuck

Great..

#4 Post by brad_chuck »

Ok I will put one together later today and get a nice format.. It will just be a test run.

How in depth would be good for you guys? I think a weekly update is about all I could do by myself. Just summarize the news and the forum for the week..

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Good on ye. Reading, digesting and summarizing what's gone on in the forum in the last week would be a time-consuming job for me. :)

Raman

Sign me up

#6 Post by Raman »

Oh yes, a Puppy Mailing List would be most helpful.

As a budding Pup-pet, I need all the help I can get.

That's right, "Pup-pet." Not "puppet," as in a small figure having a cloth body and hollow head, designed to be fitted over and manipulated by the hand; or a figure having jointed parts animated from above by strings or wires; as in a "marionette." No, absolutely not a "puppet." My behavior is not determined by the will of others: as in a "political puppet." Rather, my manifestation is fully here in venerable cow-country where freewill trumps determinism. More or less.

Ergo, I love my cute little RELIABLE Puppy.

If you follow the logic; if you catch my drift.

All Power to the forthcoming Puppy Mailing List!

Hail Puppy!

Raman

brad_chuck

Hang on almost done..

#7 Post by brad_chuck »

Still working on this.. Trying to decide what should go in it and how much of each part.

Ideas welcome...

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

I just created a rudimentary page on sylpheed on the wiki . . .
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/SylpheedEmail

Will we have voicemail? Are you using your own server or something like yahoo . . . what software are you using?

Puppian recently tried creating another forum but email would be different (being able to have a digest mode is good)

Will you offer HTML? I think we need this - possibly with a newsletter which interested and busy people can subscribe to . . .

Anyways good luck

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

J_Rey

#9 Post by J_Rey »

The newly created Puppy Linux Foundation Committees blog is there to provide a summary of what's going on with the Foundation and the rest of the aspects of managing the community and developing Puppy Linux. Feel free to register there and help out.