-- no solution please delete

rover

-- no solution please delete

#1 Post by rover »

i have just downloaded muppy-8 and am in the process of setting it to my needs.
when i try to access the internet it does not work.
when i try to configure the network,using the wizard, it shows the sis900 driver loaded and comes back saying that a network was found and the next step is to configure it.
next i do a dhcp and it is unsuccessful.

after doing this every way i can i am concluding that the wrong driver is loaded or the driver loaded does not support my hardware. (listed below)

i find that in running the same unit with dingo alpha 6, that everything works fine.

my questtions are:

how do i unload the loaded driver in the wizard to install another driver(if i can get an update somewhere)

can i update the drivers in puppy or are they "hard wired" somehow?
(evidentally muppy is based on 3.01 and has the same problem)

what is different in alpha 6 that i can do in muppy to get things going in this motherboard.
tia
bk
Last edited by rover on Fri 15 Feb 2008, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiba Satellite S 50-A, intel i7,8G ram, Intel wireless N 7260 card. Nvidia GeForce GT 740M Video.

fernan

#2 Post by fernan »

HI.

I´m not an expert, but this is what I would try...

Boot a version of puppy (or other distro) where your network card is detected and works OK.

Look for the loaded module (in PUPPY just run the wizard) and write down the name of the module.

Boot the puppy where network is not working.

Run the network wizard to check if the right module is loaded.

If not, load the module manually (you can use the same wizard, that will allow you to change "modprobe.conf" to use that module in future sessions).

Good luck.

Fernan.-