Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 26 Jul 2014, 11:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
I switched to Puppy and now i need help
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 4 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
Alucard_the_dex


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2005, 19:08    Post subject:  

nvm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
MU


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 13642
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2005, 19:32    Post subject:  

If you choose "look inside", the files of the trashcan itself are shown. These must not be deleted.

If you choose "empty the trash", and click it once then, the folder that opens should be empty?

Mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Alucard_the_dex


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2005, 19:48    Post subject:  

tanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Alucard_the_dex


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2005, 22:23    Post subject:  

K new topic Media My comp freezes when trying to play a CD and i need to knowhow to stream video in firefox without realplayer cuz aparently quicktime isnt made for linux yet
_________________
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
danleff


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 294
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct 2005, 06:32    Post subject:  

Actually, I just added Quicktime and RealPlayer 8 codecs to my Debian Sarge installation for Mplayer. I wonder how difficult this would be to do in Puppy?

But, keeping in mind that Puppy is designed as a small efficient distro. People keep wanting to make it bigger!

_________________
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rarsa


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 3053
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct 2005, 11:52    Post subject:  

Quote:
But, keeping in mind that Puppy is designed as a small efficient distro. People keep wanting to make it bigger!
I've been thinking about that every time there is a big package like java or python or CUPS.

My interpretation is: Keep the base puppy small, don't add to the base puppy applications that have heavy dependencies.

I don't see that statement as curtailing the ability to grow puppy to one's needs. If someone want's to grow it's own puppy great!

The core puppy will stay small for download and for quick execution. The rest, is up to the user based on individual needs and equipment capabilities.

If puppy meets 90% of someone's need then adding the remaining 10% should be possible.

If Puppy meets just a fraction of the needs, then they should be looking somewhere else for alternatives. That's the beauty of Linux. There are many specialized distributions. The speciality of puppy is well described in it's mission statement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Alucard_the_dex


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct 2005, 23:48    Post subject:  

I dont really need codec i mean i just wanna play Mpegswhich im sure it already plays i just want it to play IN the browser without making a temp file like Quicktime did atleast i dont think it made a temp file im sure it streamed it
_________________
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 4 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0495s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0038s) ][ GZIP on ]