Puppy can't find my USB Flash Card

Booting, installing, newbie
Peter Diachun

Puppy can't find my USB Flash Card

#1 Post by Peter Diachun »

10/10/05

I have a USB flash card with Puppy and Windows data on it. It is recognized and readable on a laptop running Puppy. The same is true on a different machine running Windows. The problem is that Puppy running from the CD on the Window machine does not see this USB flash card. It sees and can use the Windows files. The USB card does not show up when I run MUT as it does on the other PUPPY machine. I can not even find it on /mnt/ as sda1 like on the Puppy machine. I did try several thing with this flash card like trying to get either machine to boot from it so I must have lost it on the computer with Windows. How can I get it to recognize it again.

Unrelated : Is there a way to get the date as well as the time to show on the tool tray at the bottom of the screen?

Thanks for your help!

Peter Diachun

danleff

#2 Post by danleff »

Let me see if I understand correctly.

Currently, you can see the usb drive' s files in Puppy (hard drive install) and from Windows. But when you use the Puppy CD, you run into problems.

Try this. When using the live CD, get into RXVT and type in modprobe usb-storage.

Then, type in probepart.

This should give you a list of all recognized partitions on your drives.

What shows up under any sdx references, say, sda1, sda2....?

Does the Puppy mount/unmount utility see it?
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith

Peter Diachun

#3 Post by Peter Diachun »

10/10/05

Sorry I have not yet figured our how to properly converse on this forum. I saw your suggestion and tried it. I tried to reply but do not see it posted so I must have done something wrong. I hope this posts properly.

I get a message, "cant locate module ubs-storage"

It does not show on MUT.

How does anyone suggest I get the missing module back?

Thanks for your help!

Peter