Treepad Lite for Linux

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
noip

Treepad Lite for Linux

#1 Post by noip »

Treepad is another tree outliner / organizer, popular for Windows. The latest Linux version is a single executable that runs fine in Puppy.

http://www.treepad.com/linux/treepadlite/

http://www.treepad.com/download/#tplitelx

Download, extract, run.

Enjoy.

GS

ftgs

klhrevolutionist

most notably

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Well, that's good. But when telling people about something try & be more descriptive. After looking at the links you provided, this seems to be a feasible
little app. Qoute from website " * TreePad .hjt files when written with TreePad Lite for Linux 2.1 are now fully compatible with TreePad Lite programs on Windows. This means that files created on Linux can be read on Windows without any text-file conversion. The reverse was already true, TreePad Lite programs for Linux can read files created with TreePad Lite for Windows".
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

noip

#3 Post by noip »

K,

Sorry you feel that way about the link information.

As far as the extraction goes, I discovered the files were extracting to /root/tmp/TreePadLiteLX. There is a qt libarary file that extracts with it as well. As a quick and dirty technique, I moved the library file to the ~/my-application/lib directory. In other words, the extraction is not as "default" straightforward as I thought. I'm sure it is easily fixed - will look at it when I have some time.

Rgds

GS

ftgs

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

Does tuxcards (pupget) opensource have all you require for this sort of thing?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

noip

#5 Post by noip »

Lobster,

Tuxcards and Treepad ... sort of like swings and roundabouts.

Treepad (free ver) is text only, but has a lot of add on utilities, plus it has versions for both Windows and Linux.

Tuxcards (in my experience) won't work with JWM, but has great HTML etc formatting. Would be a good Web site generator as well. Plus, Tuxcards is Linux only.

I guess it depends on what you want. I may well go with treepad, because I travel a lot with a Windows Laptop computer, so can use treepad on both platforms. Having said that, I also like Tuxcards.

Clear as Mud, eh?

Rgds

GS

ftgs

noip

#6 Post by noip »

A tip for Treepad. When naming nodes, you need to delete the template text with the cursor, write the node name and then press enter/return. Inconvenient, but then ... I got somewhat frustrated until I worked it out.

GS

ftgs