Where did Mozilla go?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Where did Mozilla go?

#1 Post by Lobster »

There I was just about to open my 6th Mozilla Window - when zap they all go (this has been happening in all windows managers a bit too often) - Browser dissapears - no longer present.
This is the contents of my memory - clicking on the Mozilla icon will not bring Mozilla up. So where is that dinosaur?

My usual solution is to "kill" Mozilla - then I can open the browser - but the previous places I had open are gone [sulk]

Is it possible there is a number of windows open being superceded - could not find anything in preferences? How about the nature of the compile Barry has created?

I like Mozilla but would I be better off with Firefox? Opera has too many drawbacks for me to use - one of which is limitations on wiki editing.
Attachments
mozill_where.jpg
(98.24 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

JohnMurga
Site Admin

Re: Where did Mozilla go?

#2 Post by JohnMurga »

Lobster wrote:I like Mozilla but would I be better off with Firefox? Opera has too many drawbacks for me to use - one of which is limitations on wiki editing.
You might be better off with a stable Mozilla build ...
(The 1.7.x series)

So what probs do you have with Opera ? I switched over from Moz about 8 weeks ago and I am very happy so far (even though I miss a couple of Mozilla plug-ins I wrote).

Cheers
JohnM

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

Thanks John - just wondered what skippy is on my list of running programs? Any other clues from anyone?

Opera =
no editing icons in wiki edit
no XUL
Closed source.

Apart from that (all quite important in my use) it is the fastest and best of the browsers - just not for me . . .

I try and use the default programs in Puppy as much as possible. But then I am in xfce instead of "peach melba" aka JWM default . . . :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D