Creating an Icon in JWM

Booting, installing, newbie

Creating an Icon in JWM

#1 Post by Guest »

Hey guys, I have tried IRC and tried searching but I can't seem to find anywhere that documents how to create an icon on the desktop.

I need to make an icon for Mozilla and for VNC Connect. So that this build can be loaded onto a machine so that a few people with little to no computer know how can't get lost.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

Simply drag /usr/local/bin/mozilla from ROX-Filer to the desktop?

Then right-click, file "mozilla" -> set icon.

Did you mean that?

Mark

#3 Post by Guest »

MU wrote:Simply drag /usr/local/bin/mozilla from ROX-Filer to the desktop?

Then right-click, file "mozilla" -> set icon.

Did you mean that?

Mark
Is there a way to do this with uxplor? I try to drag the file to the desktop and it doesn't copy it. But yes, that is what I would need.

#4 Post by Guest »

To clarify, in my "Customization" I deleted Rox and am using Uxplor the two pane window viewer since I found it a little cleaner to use.

MU

#5 Post by MU »

No, won't work.

Uxplor is a simple filemanager, rox is a desktop-environment.

Mark

#6 Post by Guest »

Please disregard this, I ended up reverting back to the drawing board, and booted with the default disc.

No big deal, I found that Rox was actually better for what I would like to do anyway.

rarsa

#7 Post by rarsa »

You could actually create a script that would add an icon to the /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin.

If you make that script a rox-app, you could have it on the desktop so you can drag the new icons there.

After they are in the PuppyPin, you can move them around.

Here is an example for setting an icon with similar functionality (not the same but you can elaborate from there)

Jinxes

#8 Post by Jinxes »

I finally registered for an account. :wink: I ended up restarting the entire thing from scratch as the basic 1.0.5 iso.

I now have my icons, and Rox, which has grown on me.