Puppy Power Promotion

Promote Puppy !
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Puppy Power Promotion

#1 Post by Lobster »

Friday 14 October onward for 1 week

During the week we will be developing Puppians new forum (start using it now) to take pressure off the main forum and also trying to develop the developers forum. We will be encouraging Puppys in the use of IRC and voicemail. We will be suggesting ways to inform other Penguins and Windows users of the benefits of Puppy. We are going to have fun. Other ideas welcome. Guests and new Puppys welcome

Hosted events:
18:00 GMT Friday Oct 14 Welcome drink bring your own refreshment (host Lobster)

18:00 GMT Monday Oct 17 Virtual Pub Crawl Starting on IRC we will try out various communication channels, including: Chatzy, Yahoo, ICQ, Skype (host Lobster)

Times and hosts to be announced - can you facilitate and organise one of these - usually just means turning up on IRC for an hour of your choice?
  • Ban the Peach
    Newby Natter
    Voicemail extravaganza - sending voicemail
    Cat herding for Puppys (development interchange)
    New Puppy Ideas
    Leash your Puppy - Heel and security for Puppys
    Tutorials - add a topic
    Puppy Graphics
    HTML and web design for Puppy
    Puppy programming
    Bow Wow - How to speak Puppy
    Linux
    Migrating from Windows

Please add and host an event
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyPromotion

raffy

HTML Tutorial

#2 Post by raffy »

Maybe I can offer time at IRC Saturday 4-5 PM EDT (9-10 PM GMT) to discuss my experience with HTML tutorial (about hard disk installation of Puppy), which is still there and being used:

http://www.ph-islands.net/pupinstall/

Those pages used visitor's comments which readers click if helpful or not, sending helpful comments upward and less helpful ones downward. Especially for hot topics, this can save the developer from PM burnout, as follow-up comments and questions stay in one page.

As to using a new forum, I guess I have to stick with this site until the new website for the puppylinux.org is ready. By then the decision could be made whether this forum will be moved as well. For now it seems to be working fine, and Puppy users will find it convenient to ask questions in one place.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

OK thanks Raffy :)

- have added your details - who else is up for something?
- come on!

How great Puppy is?

Pah - now we need some helpers and hosters . . . hey what about all those founders? :)

Klh is off to buy a gun over the weekend (wants to go kill animals for some reason - I used to do archery, never been much for killing though) I have trained in martial arts though when I was younger and more agressive. Now that I am 93 a lot of that agggression is gone . . .

Maybe klh can do something during the week?

Hosting does not mean knowing everything it means turning up and asking questions . . . 8)

Well?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

I'd be interested in doing HTML and/or Graphics in Puppy. I don't have a specific time yet that I can garuntee you that I can do it though because I don't know my work schedule for the next week. I hope to know by tomorrow evening.

I may want to try for a time later in the week if possible, because it would be cool to promote throughout the school I go to first. But like I said, i need to see how my work schedule pans out.

Alucard_the_dex

#5 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Guess im doing the security chat in irc on like tuesday idk what time would be good yet tho.
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

jcagle

#6 Post by jcagle »

ok, it looks like I can do a chat about Web site design/HTML and Graphic Design in Puppy Linux from 5:00 PM EST (GMT -5) until whenever on Sunday afternoon. I would have done this chat later in the week so I could promote it at school, however my work schedule didn't work out as I had hoped. That's ok though as I really do need the hours at work. I actually like my job at Target (but I don't plan to stay there forever).

Lobster
Official Crustacean

What is the situation on IRC?

#7 Post by Lobster »

Have added your details to the wiki . . .
Dex can you add yours.
What is the situation on IRC?
What channel are we allowed to use - which one have we been banned from? Why?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

jcagle

#8 Post by jcagle »

I haven't added the info to the wiki, and I'm actually about to go to bed soon. If someone wants to add it, that'll be great.

With my meds, if I don't go to bed in a little bit, I won't wake up at a decent time in the morning.

jcagle

#9 Post by jcagle »

I'm going to have to cancel. My truck is having problems this morning and my brother may be by to fix it this afternoon during the time we would have the chat.

Alucard_the_dex

#10 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Sorry about that i was at my fathers for the weekend. i can host it on IRC At 7:00 PM (GMT -5) EST tuesday. Oh and the Situation is the chanserv droped the Chatroom i think? anywho im sure its back to normal.
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#11 Post by Lobster »

8) We need better organisation

Anyone up for it :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)