Any luck with 1.0.5 and live-CD

Booting, installing, newbie
Dalloo

Any luck with 1.0.5 and live-CD

#1 Post by Dalloo »

Hi! guys.

This is the first time I am posting here, although I have been here for a month now, reading and learning stuff that is new, and no doubt, exciting.

When I first started with Puppy 103, I was naive and Linux-Illiterate. As time went by I started to learn about it and I loved it more and more as I read along.

I installed 104 when it came out and had a lot of fun. Then came the Dream-Puppy 105, if you don't mind me naming it so. I Downloaded it and ran it and I must say I got hooked on to it since. (Sep 15, 2005 )

I came back to this forum and started looking arround for posts about 105. Again a wealth of ideas and advices. (This forum Rocks). I specially am impressed by rarsa, GuestToo and of course, the Master ,Barry, I can go on and on btw.

Anywho, I read about a dozen posts on people not being able to save their sessions back to Live-CD. (I use pup001) so decided to check that out myself. Guess what? I ran into same problem.

It is now 6 days of work and 20 CDs down the drain, including RW ones, and still no luck. I am not able to save my sessions back to freekin CD.

Any advice from you Master Trainers out there.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

you could try this

the change from -cnewer to -newer in the bugfix attempt may not work well ... it may cause files that are copied but not modifed to not be saved ... see here

the bugfix did seem to help ... screenshot

if you have a dvd burner, you might want to try the dvd multisession iso (experimental)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Yes, the new multisession dvd is the way to go.

I won't be able to upload the latest until early Saturday morning GMT+08.00,
which will be sometime Friday evening in the USA.

The latest version is working particularly well.