Joined: 04 May 2005 Posts: 15238 Location: Paradox Realm
Posted: Thu 13 Oct 2005, 07:35 Post subject:
Re: Puppy upgrade without CD Rom working?
I suggest you facilitate and organise one of these whilst you tell us a little more about your CD make and situation? - usually just means turning up on IRC for an hour of your choice
* Ban the Peach (Host Thoughtjourney)
* Newby Natter (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Voicemail extravaganza - sending voicemail, pawedcasting, Radio Puppy (Host Klh)
* Cat herding for Puppys (development interchange)
* New Puppy Ideas
* Leash your Puppy - Heel and security for Puppys (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Tutorials - add a topic
* Puppy Graphics
* HTML and web design for Puppy
* Puppy programming
* Bow Wow - How to speak Puppy
* Migrating from Windows
* Puppy documentation (Host Ian Mul)
Must have made a mistake because this was supposed to be a reply to my orginal post under the same topic.
Anyway, my cd rom capabilities died on my motherboard while I was installing some programs on my Win ME partition. I have a partition set up with Puppy 1.0.2 installed to HD and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade to 1.0.5 wihtout the CD Rom drive working?
Basically what I have now is a non-working ME partition, a working Puppy and a very old version of Vector Linux on another partition.
Any suggestion on how to upgrade a hardrive installed Puppy without a working CD Rom?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum