Joined: 04 May 2005 Posts: 15117 Location: Paradox Realm
Posted: Thu 13 Oct 2005, 07:35 Post_subject:
Re: Puppy upgrade without CD Rom working?
I suggest you facilitate and organise one of these whilst you tell us a little more about your CD make and situation? - usually just means turning up on IRC for an hour of your choice
* Ban the Peach (Host Thoughtjourney)
* Newby Natter (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Voicemail extravaganza - sending voicemail, pawedcasting, Radio Puppy (Host Klh)
* Cat herding for Puppys (development interchange)
* New Puppy Ideas
* Leash your Puppy - Heel and security for Puppys (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Tutorials - add a topic
* Puppy Graphics
* HTML and web design for Puppy
* Puppy programming
* Bow Wow - How to speak Puppy
* Migrating from Windows
* Puppy documentation (Host Ian Mul)
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyPromotion _________________ Puppy WIKI
Must have made a mistake because this was supposed to be a reply to my orginal post under the same topic.
Anyway, my cd rom capabilities died on my motherboard while I was installing some programs on my Win ME partition. I have a partition set up with Puppy 1.0.2 installed to HD and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade to 1.0.5 wihtout the CD Rom drive working?
Basically what I have now is a non-working ME partition, a working Puppy and a very old version of Vector Linux on another partition.
Any suggestion on how to upgrade a hardrive installed Puppy without a working CD Rom?