[SOLVED] Trouble with ES1370 sound card driver

Using applications, configuring, problems
puppypilgrim

[SOLVED] Trouble with ES1370 sound card driver

#1 Post by puppypilgrim »

I have been using Puppy since version 1.03, 1.04 to 1.05. In all cases, Puppy will detect the card correctly as ES1370 as confirmed by the hardware PCI-query.

Modprobe confirms the module is loaded and the module exists in the lib. However the sound card refuses to pass sound to the speakers. I suspect that something is wrong with the driver or that the default irq or dma settings are not working.

In desparation I tried MEPIS 3.3.1 and it detected the sound card just fine and runs the sound card perfectly.

Any ideas?
Last edited by puppypilgrim on Sat 15 Oct 2005, 05:15, edited 2 times in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

turn the volume up with xtmix sound mixer - sounds obvious but I spent 3 months without so much as a woof woof - but then I am really stoopid . . . just needed some volume

:?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

puppypilgrim

#3 Post by puppypilgrim »

OK Lobster, I'll give that a try tonight when I get home. Thanks.

puppypilgrim

Solved!

#4 Post by puppypilgrim »

Guess what Lobster. I found the mixer.tcl program and pushed the volumes way way up and everything worked! I guess I never thought of checking that as Mepis found it and output volumes by default to normal listening levels.

I guess Puppy's default volumes are very very soft.

Thanks for the help! That was a BIG TIME service to me. Now I can just leave my Puppy on all the time and not need to go in and out for different things.

Deepest appreciation,
Victor in Vancouver, Canada