IceWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
cagliostro

Quanx

#21 Post by cagliostro »

I have been using Quanx a lot, so thought I would attach it. This is from www.kde-look.org [Window Decoration > icewm] as mentioned above, and there one can find the original file. A very clean, light blue and metallic look with large title buttons.

The original has only the title bar, so I added the menu and the taskbar. I also added some optional start buttons, a Tux "start," "icewm," and wishing the user a good day.
Attachments
QuanX.tar.gz
(48.68 KiB) Downloaded 3228 times

Eyes-Only

#22 Post by Eyes-Only »

Wow Cagliostro! That is one beautiful theme from the looks of what I've seen so far! 8) I haven't had the chance to load it yet as I'm in my Debian-Sid's KDE. But I did open the .gz file to take a look at the total sum of all of its parts and I can sure see why you've been using it! :)

I have IceWM installed on all my HDD installs so I've moved it around to all of them and can't wait to try this out. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

WhoDo

Re: Quanx

#23 Post by WhoDo »

cagliostro wrote:I have been using Quanx a lot, ... A very clean, light blue and metallic look with large title buttons.
Thank you, cagliostro. This is exactly why I started the IceWM Themes Exchange thread. I like Quanx, too, and I'm tempted to play around with it a bit to animate some of the buttons, etc. ... if you have no objections of course. For the benefit of others, here is what Quanx looks like now..

[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

cagliostro

WhoDo revisions

#24 Post by cagliostro »

WhoDo:

Of course modify QuanX as you wish. I look forward to enjoying your revisions.

I like your Xtreme-animated a lot, but I redid the frames to change the Y border to 2, which seemed to make the title buttons look better positioned. Actually I've made small changes to most of the icewm themes I enjoy. Unfortunately my editing abilities are still pretty limited.

cb88

#25 Post by cb88 »

i wonder if the icewm devs would be intrested in adding animated .gif support so we could have real animation in our themes as of now the buttons only lite up ect.. maybe a button could change shape or something like that on mouse over i am using the batman theme right now and it use some animation ;-).

My Vista_Black based Vista_Blue theme can be found here: http://webpages.uncc.edu/~carayfie/downloads.html

it is also on the last page of the 2.15CE look and feel thread if my site goes down
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

Eyes-Only

#26 Post by Eyes-Only »

I found your Vista Blue theme at your listed page CB88, but not your Vista Black version. And I can't seem to find this other page here that you've mentioned?

Of course, it'd help if I'd probably wake up first, let the caffeine hit my system... ;)

I sure do know that I've been enjoying Cagliostro's theme! Almost as much as WhoDo's Vista_Black_IV, and everyone knows how much that's my favourite of all-time themes, so that's really saying something for QuanX. :D A magnificent working of blue and milky-silver, etc., if I've ever seen it! A real Masterpiece!

Thanks for porting that over from KDE to IceWM for us Cagliostro! I'm one who surely appreciates it! :)

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

cb88

#27 Post by cb88 »

my vista blue theme is based on the vista black the in 2.15CE

the other page i mentioned i could only find by googling "vista blue cb88"
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

WhoDo

WinXP-Royale-Noir for IceWM

#28 Post by WhoDo »

At the request of klu9 I have made an IceWM theme to mimic the rare WinXP Royale Noir theme. I don't believe it was ever released in its own right. It was a dark alternative to WinXP Royale Media Center edition.

Included in the dotpet are two alternative wallpapers that were clearly built for the black version of WinXP Royale.

The theme looks best with Aero-Linsta Gtk2 theme and Aero-DS mouse cursors, as per screenshot. Background is Niagara at Night from http://www.kde-look.org

Enjoy!

[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

nic2109

A Challenge for the Experts

#29 Post by nic2109 »

How difficult/impossible would it be to develop an animated 3-D Dock - as in MacOS X 10.5 (aka "Leopard")? To my eyes it is just about the coolest thing out there.

I imagine that it's done in X, so in theory it should be possible to reverse engineer it - or something close.

It would be a real treat for us Theme-junkies if it can be done. :lol:

WhoDo

#30 Post by WhoDo »

Some time ago I promised to modify Quanx to make it a bit more lively. I've finally found the time to do that and I hope you guys like the result. Title buttons are now animated, task bar is smoother and menu select and active task button are more "icy". Background is Dream in Blue from http://www.kde-look.org

Attachments
Quanx-Who.pet
Quanx-Who IceWM theme by WhoDo
(64.31 KiB) Downloaded 3837 times

WhoDo

Re: A Challenge for the Experts

#31 Post by WhoDo »

nic2109 wrote:How difficult/impossible would it be to develop an animated 3-D Dock - as in MacOS X 10.5 (aka "Leopard")? To my eyes it is just about the coolest thing out there.
There is already a dock - icedock - available for IceWM. It accepts dockable apps like wmpower, wmfishtime, wmweather, wmmix, etc. I don't know whether it can be made to look "3-D" and I don't know what the MacOS X dock looks like, so I can't comment on that.

Hope that helps.

WhoDo

WinXP-Royale Media Center theme

#32 Post by WhoDo »

As a compliment to the previous WinXP themes I have supplied, here is the final theme in the set - WinXP Royale Media Center edition. It is a WhoDo original created from scratch, so you won't find it anywhere else.

I have included the Lazy Days wallpaper in the dotpet for the complete effect. Those trying to build machines for Windows refugees should find this one very enticing. Enjoy!

nic2109

Re: A Challenge for the Experts

#33 Post by nic2109 »

WhoDo wrote:I don't know whether it can be made to look "3-D" and I don't know what the MacOS X dock looks like, so I can't comment on that.
Thanks for the response. To give an idea of what I'm on about here's a screenshot from Apple's website. I don't have access to a Mac with Leopard on it so cannot show anything personal. The middle of the 3 PCs shows what I mean best, though the other 2 also give an impression.

What they call the "Dock" is like the icedock you refer to, but also serves as the "launcher" for your choice of applications. Each new version of MacOS has made it prettier and the latest has a 3-D look where the icons appear to sit up on a flat tray. And those that are a menu spring up in a string of icons when the mouse pointer hovers over it. You can just about make it out from the screenshot image.

My wish/request would be two-fold: firstly the look of the tray of icons; and secondly (icing on cake this), the way the menus expand.

Thanks for listening.

willhunt

#34 Post by willhunt »

My wish/request would be two-fold: firstly the look of the tray of icons; and secondly (icing on cake this), the way the menus expand
Now that looks like Wbar. really what I think you want is lg3d I think there was a package made for it but can't seem to find it here is some discussion about it
[url=http://hostfile.org/icepak.pet]176 Icewm Themes :!:[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/39fl3x]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2q7cbp]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]

magerlab

#35 Post by magerlab »

is it possible to have transparent tool bar or menu or window frames in icewm?

WhoDo

#36 Post by WhoDo »

magerlab wrote:is it possible to have transparent tool bar or menu or window frames in icewm?
Transparent title bar, yes, but not tool bar, menu or window frames. IceWM is not a rendering WM like KDE, Gnome, Xfce or Enlightenment.

trapster

#37 Post by trapster »

WhoDo wrote:
Transparent title bar, yes, but not tool bar, menu or window frames. IceWM is not a rendering WM like KDE, Gnome, Xfce or Enlightenment.
Don't forget Fluxbox !
:wink:
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

WhoDo

GreenVista

#38 Post by WhoDo »

Here is a new theme called GreenVista. It is shown here with ModernTimes Gtk2 theme and Abstract background. Unfortunately if you want it you'll have to wait for EZpup-4.0 (coming soon, I hope).

Enjoy!

john biles

#39 Post by john biles »

Hello everyone,
As TEENpup2008 is now out and because no one has added any themes for a while, here are the icewm themes used in TEENpup2008 for those who might want to use them but don't want to download TEENpup.
They have been customized for TEENpup and carry a common menu bar theme.
OK to install them just unzip the theme tar.gz and copy them into ~/.icewm/themes and they'll be ready to use from the menu. For those new to puppy, remember you have to unhide the hidden files in ROX (the eye at the top) to see the .icewm folder.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

tlucas

How To IceWM

#40 Post by tlucas »

Hi all,

I am new to Linux and am just trying to find my way around. I would like to customise my install of Puppy with one of the themes I have seen here, but am not sure where to start.

If I understand correctly I firstly need to install IceWM but how do I do that?

Any help or links to How To guides would be much appriecated.