pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
zigbert

#161 Post by zigbert »

mikeb
You're right!
double brackets for reliable intepretation
can you explain this some more?

Sigmund

mikeb

#162 Post by mikeb »

No I'm half left.....
double brackets for reliable intepretation
the test for needing a verify button refused to work last night.

Seems that the logic for the AND comparison can be messed up using a single '[' as this is the command 'test' whereas '[[' is something else............bash is a funky language to work with :D

added one of these

Code: Select all

if [ $BURN != "blank" ]; then #repeat button
				GUI_REPEAT="<button><input file icon=\"gtk-cdrom\"></input>
			    <label>$LOC408</label><action type=\"exit\">repeat</action></button>"
			fi
and a stack of these

$GUI_REPEAT
			   $GUI_SAVE_ISO
			   $GUI_VERIFY
to finish the job off :)

mike

zigbert

#163 Post by zigbert »

Why shouldn't user get the possibility to repeat 'blank command'?

Sigmund

mikeb

#164 Post by mikeb »

Why shouldn't user get the possibility to repeat 'blank command'?
indeed why not..I was getting carried away :D

mike

edit

I have not had much success with doing an md5 based verify for iso...seems to fail regardless :(
If the source iso is mounted as a file system then checking can be done by using diff in a similar fashion to data disks...the only thing not checked would be boot sectors.(if any)

Also how about verify for copied disks..mount and diff seem to work ok?

On the subject of copying could there be an option on the dialog for changing the write speed...good idea for on the fly mode to avoid underruns.

aragon

Theme Support

#165 Post by aragon »

Dear Zigbert,

it seems to me, that the links to the themes are not correspondent to the folder the theme is installed to.

If i start pburn from console it searches the theme in /usr/local/pburn/themes.

If i install the pburn-theme with the *.pet it installs to /usr/local/pburn/themes/Pburn-original.

Copying by hand solves the problem.

Using Pburn 1.22, pfilesearch 1.1 and Theme of 07.03.

Cheers
aragon

zigbert

#166 Post by zigbert »

aragon
I tried to install Pburn with theme in a fresh Puppy 3.01. Worked out of the box..... :?

HairyWill

#167 Post by HairyWill »

Is the problem associated with updating a version of pburn >= 1.0.0.
It looks like if the version is older than this then .pburnrc is replace but if it is newer then only the release number gets updated in the config file. The "export THEME=Pburn-original" doesn't get added to the existing config.

To fix this you can just delete the .pburnrc file or if you want to keep the settings add the line
export THEME=Pburn-original

I think ;-)
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

zigbert

#168 Post by zigbert »

Thanks Will

Will be fixed!

Jeff

#169 Post by Jeff »

Anyone have an idea why I get the message on pburn 1.2.2

readlink: /tmp/: Invalid argument

starting from prompt with command pburn on Puppy 2.15CE

Regards

Jeff

zigbert

#170 Post by zigbert »

You don't mention if Pburn starts, but I guess it does, since the message occur while calculating available size on your system. Pburn checks this to report back when you burn with a temporary storage. But message shouldn't be pointed to terminal, even if it doesn't make any harm. So I have now fixed it. Thanks.

ravensrest

Re: Pburn 1.2.2

#171 Post by ravensrest »

I have a couple of problems with the downloads.

First, 1.2.2 installed fine over the exisiting 0.6 version in my dingo 394. However, if I uninstall it, it leaves the pburnrc file showing that version 1.2.2 is still installed rather than the pre-exisiting 0.6

Next, I installed the newly down-sized pburn-original theme. The files installed just fine, but the interface shows no difference even after re-boot. What is needed to make the theme active?

Suggestions?

Oops, sorry! Just saw the earlier post about adding "export THEME=Pburn-original". That solved the problem.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#172 Post by BarryK »

I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if any comments here are a bit off.

Today I used Pburn 1.2.2 to burn some files to a DVD.

When I clicked on a directory in the left pane, I sat there for sometime waiting for the "Minimum disc size:" box to update. It didn't. Or rather it did later when I clicked on another directory. The update did not happen until there was another mouse action. This seems to be a limitation of gtkdialog, but it would be nice if there was some workaround.

After burning to DVD, I clicked the "Verify" button, and my DVD drive churned away for ages. I waited and waited. All that I got in the gtklogview box was something like "Verifying DVD..." but there was no progress indication.

Eventually I gave up and hit the "Emergency stop" button on the gtklogview box. This killed Pburn, however my DVD drive still kept churning away.

I ran 'ps' to see what was running. That's when I saw 'diff' running. Now, my understanding of 'diff' is that you should only use it to compare text files. For binary files, meaning any files, you should use 'cmp' -- Dingo has cmp, I don't know about earlier puppies.
Note, 'cmp' is part of the 'diffutils' package.

I killed diff, and my DVD drive stopped churning, but something still claimed the drive and I was unable to shut down the computer -- I had to hold down the off button for 4 seconds to do a forced power-off.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

sketchman

#173 Post by sketchman »

Do I have to have 3.01 to use this?

I've installed it in 2.17.1, but it doesn't run. I've got both dependencies that were listed in the first post installed.

I started it from a console, and got errors. Fixed them and reinstalled Pburn.

It almost starts the first time and then never again. Run from console, I see the following only the first time I run it, along with the screenshot I attached.

#pburn
EXIT="Ready"
#
All attempts after the first one give me this.

#pburn
#
That's all. No splash screen. No errors.
Attachments
temp.jpg
(78.21 KiB) Downloaded 793 times
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

mikeb

#174 Post by mikeb »

Hi barry

cmp man page says
`cmp' reports the differences between two files character by character, instead of line by line. As a result, it is more useful than `diff' for comparing binary files. For text files, `cmp' is useful mainly when you want to know only whether two files are identical.
Unlike `diff', `cmp' cannot compare directories; it can only compare two files.
Gcombust uses diff for verification so the technique was adopted for pburn.
It seems that although not invalid to use diff to compare binary files it may well not be the most efficient method.(--speed-large-files option is used)

Another factor is that dma is not being used to read the disk...compare times are similar to nero with dma off....for CD's this is acceptable though for dvd's is a bit on the slow side it seems. Cmp could be implemented but I'm not sure if there would be a significant speed increase....I will investigate. Cmp is present in 2.xx puppies.

Being able to compare directories recusively is very useful for pburn as the disc contents are mirrored in a temp directory.

I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the kill function....burner drives once instructed to do something are on a mission of there own and this seems to tie up the operating system until it is complete...a general observation.Though in this case I don't think diff has been included in the kill list.

Not sure about the size problem...I usually find the size updates as files are added to the burnlist which is the intended behaviour.

mike

zigbert

#175 Post by zigbert »

sketchman
Have you upgraded to the latest version 1.3.0?
There has been a bug in the version-upgrade-function fixed in 1.3.0. HairyWill pointed this out some posts ago.

BarryK
When I clicked on a directory in the left pane, I sat there for sometime waiting for the "Minimum disc size:" box to update.
When you click on a item in the left pane, Pburn starts function -add_selection from gtkdialog:
<action signal=\"button-release-event\">. $APPDIR/func -add_selection</action>
Function -add_selection checks if you clicked with right button.
if [ $BUTTON = 3 ]; then

I have not seen this function fail, but I'm still mostly in Puppy 3.01.
Eventually I gave up and hit the "Emergency stop" button on the gtklogview box. This killed Pburn, however my DVD drive still kept churning away.
This is a very clear BUG. diff is not killed!!! Thanks.

Sigmund

sketchman

#176 Post by sketchman »

Yes, I have 1.3.0. I didn't upgrade from any previous version, so that shouldn't be the problem.

zigbert

#177 Post by zigbert »

sketchman
Ok, I see.... If using Puppy 2, you also need the latest gtkdialog-0.7.20

sketchman

#178 Post by sketchman »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Eureka. Pburn works. Thank you very much.

Henry

Pburn: theme or delay

#179 Post by Henry »

Hi, Sigmund,

Congratulations on the great progress of Pburn and your other fine programs.

I do have one question: I have Pburn 1.3 installed (I think completely and correctly) in Nop 3.01 with the original theme. It works fine. The problem is I dislike unnecessary "themes," but if I disable this one by setting preferences to none, the next time I open Pburn it searches about a minute before it opens. Somewhat quicker on subsequent tries, but it seems "confused" without a theme :-)

What to do?

zigbert

#180 Post by zigbert »

Henry
With your description, I think of the command 'find' (maybe also in a subshell), on a system with
- lot of files
- vfat filessystem
- or old cpu

I think your trouble is starting in line 158 of /usr/local/pburn/pburn

if [ `find "$APPDIR"/themes/$THEME/heading-main.png` ]; then
Try to change it to

if [ -s $APPDIR/themes/$THEME/heading-main.png ]; then
The same occur in line 162, 167, 172
if you edit those 4 lines, I hope you'll get more speed.
Please give feedback

Thanks for bugreport
Sigmund