I messed up my Live-CD. What do I do now

Booting, installing, newbie
Rafla_G

I messed up my Live-CD. What do I do now

#1 Post by Rafla_G »

Hi!

I ran 1.0.4 puppy as MS_Live-CD. I configured it some way and saved the session. Rebooted later, made some more changes and saved. and so on and so forth. But somewhere along the line, I messed up :)

Q: 1 What if I don't want the puppy to mount saved sessions in /root and want it to start off as if it was the first time Boot with option 5, ask all the questions about Locale,Mouse, Resolution etc ?

Q: 2 Is there a way to do this without having to burn another CD ?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Have you tried taking the no 3 option and not supplying a partition or file name and just let it load without a place to save data.

#3 Post by Guest »

Sorry! I hit submit instead of preview in the above post

I know that if a file is greater than certain size it is saved in /archive in saved session directory and not copied back to /root

Q: 3 What if I would like to not copy certain file in /archive and always have it in it's original folder when Puppy boots so that I do not have to Mount my CD-Rom every time I need to look at it and also save me time trying to remember which of the saved session would have the file in ?

Rafa_G

#4 Post by Rafa_G »

Hey! that was quick. An answer while I was writing addendum to my previous post. Great. This forum Rocks :o

Anywho,
Have you tried taking the no 3 option and not supplying a partition or file name and just let it load without a place to save data
Yes I tried that, but it booted as Live-CD anyways, and I saw a message Copying saved sessions from Cd to /root

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Sounds to me like you really ought to consider using Barry's newest multisession. He's developed it for DVD but if you don't have a DVD burner it is said to work for CD.