Gxset seems to set mouse acceleration (works) but doesn't re-load

GTK theme just doesn't work at all

drives - MUT 0.0.6 doesn't work at all

Petr

rarsa

Re: mouse acceleration lost on log out, MUT and GTK theme

#2 Post by rarsa »

Petr wrote:Gxset seems to set mouse acceleration (works) but doesn't re-load
YOu need to save the settings. It saves them as a script. Execute that script from .xinitrc just before launching the window manager.
Petr wrote:GTK theme just doesn't work at all
What version/kind of puppy installation are you using? What WM are you using?
Petr wrote:drives - MUT 0.0.6 doesn't work at all
Do you get an error when you launch it from the rxvt console?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

rarsa, I found the same problem when I tried Barry's 11oct05 multisession DVD Puppy. I'm trying his 14oct05 one now, will report in the multisession forum thread if the mouse acceleration is restored.

Also, MUT sometimes takes such a long time to start that it may seem to the impatient that it doesn't work.

Artie

#4 Post by Artie »

I have the same problem. Any solution to this yet?

Petr

#5 Post by Petr »

Sorry all, I forgot I was here. Saving mouse speed works. Perhaps a more specific instruction for the newbies?

Mut gives no error message from terminal. It does eventually show something

Still can't change theme.

P.

Jesse

#6 Post by Jesse »

There is a tiny bug in MUT 0.0.6 that I know about, if you have no USB, you have to click on the grey background to get the hardware scan initiated.
Does that fix your problem?

Can you please be a little more specific than "such a long time to start", could you give a rough number of seconds please? On my system MUT takes about 6 seconds to show the list of devices.

You can run MUT in debug mode and it will output a "logfile" which can help debug the problem.

From rxvt:

cd /usr/lib/mut-0.0.6/
./mut-debug

email me the output file called "mut-debug-output.txt" look at the first line of that file for my email address.

Jesse

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Jesse wrote:There is a tiny bug in MUT 0.0.6 that I know about, if you have no USB, you have to click on the grey background to get the hardware scan initiated.
Does that fix your problem?
Well, not exactly. My computer has a floppy. Read on.
Jesse wrote:Can you please be a little more specific than "such a long time to start", could you give a rough number of seconds please? On my system MUT takes about 6 seconds to show the list of devices.
The last time I clicked MUT, nothing at all appeared to happen for maybe 20 seconds. No MUT window, no hourglass symbol or anything else to indicate the program was doing anything. Usually it only takes a few (3~6) seconds; sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.
Jesse wrote:You can run MUT in debug mode and it will output a "logfile" which can help debug the problem.

From rxvt:

cd /usr/lib/mut-0.0.6/
./mut-debug

email me the output file called "mut-debug-output.txt" look at the first line of that file for my email address.

Jesse
I'll do it when I can find time. Right now I'm concentrating what time I can spare from the forum on multisession DVD. :)