JAP proxy - for anonymous web browsing

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
klhrevolutionist

JAP proxy - for anonymous web browsing

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

This requires java.
It is very east to use & setup.
JAP makes it possible to surf the internet anonymously and unobservably.
JAP uses a single static address which is shared by many JAP users. That way neither the visited website, nor an eavesdropper can determine which user visited which website. Instead of connecting directly to a webserver, users take a detour, connecting with encryption through several intermediaries, so-called mixes. JAP uses a predetermined sequence for the mixes. Such a sequence of linked mixes is called a mix cascade. Users can choose between different mix cascades.

Download JAP.pup
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... _Proxy.pup
Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Wed 26 Oct 2005, 03:49, edited 2 times in total.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Raman

JAP proxie

#2 Post by Raman »

I note with interest that Mr. klhrevolutionist has published a Puppy install for JAP, perhaps the one necessary auxillary web-browsing service much needed by serious webites these days. What with increased surveillance by all sorts of naughty folks, including not a few naughty folks bent on spreading liberty worldwide.

JAP is a very useful program. Very useful. Salute to Mr. klhrevolutionist.

Is is possible, even conceivable, that I am becoming a klhrevolutionist groupie?

Hail Puppy!

Raman

kcin

Java Anonymous Proxy Big Brothered?

#3 Post by kcin »

Hello,

I cam across this info regarding JAP Proxy; I thought it was worth letting people know about, so they are at least aware of it before using:

The headline is "Java Anonymous Proxy Big Brothered," and it proceeds to tell about how authorities have inserted back-door listening and tracking into this software...

http://legalminds.lp.findlaw.com/list/d ... 00930.html

and...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/08/21 ... ackdoored/

Best regards,

kcin

klhrevolutionist

I say

#4 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I say, is this reading correct ? Are there any other stories or reportings of this?

Well, I will look into it, and in the meantime keep the dotpup up there.
But if it turns out to be true, it will be going to the dumpster.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Johnny Reb

Re: Java Anonymous Proxy Big Brothered?

#5 Post by Johnny Reb »

kcin wrote:Hello,

I cam across this info regarding JAP Proxy; I thought it was worth letting people know about, so they are at least aware of it before using:

The headline is "Java Anonymous Proxy Big Brothered," and it proceeds to tell about how authorities have inserted back-door listening and tracking into this software...
This is old news. JAP, or AN.ON won their case in court. As it stands now, the German Federal Police have to obtain a warrant in advance to obtain connection information, and it has to be for a specific connection. In other words they are not permitted to go in and listen in on whoever, they have to have the warrant specifying a certain person/connection. There have been several articles posted about this on the JAP website. Some are in German only, but some have been translated to English. The page is here: http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/strafverf ... ex_en.html There are also other articles that have been posted besides those, but I didn't bookmark them, and I have no idea where they might be. I'm sure a web search would turn up quiet a few articles though.

Given that JAP is a free encrypted anon proxy I don't think you will find another service that will give you the same level of anonymity (sp?), with the possible exception of Tor, and my connection with it is iffy at best (sometimes I have to click on a link 20 or so times before I can get a connection). At least for now the German Federal Police have to obtain a warrant to get connection information on you. That is far better protection than you have in the USSR.........er opps I meant the US (it's becoming more and more like Stalin's Russia every day), where the FBI can put carnavoir on any ISP they want w/o a warrant and gather all the info they want, and with Patriot Act I & II (Patriot Act = Oxymoron) they can do a lot more. So if you are in the US and using JAP all the Fed's will get is an encrypted connection while you are using JAP, and if they really wanted to mess with you they would have to go through the German courts; given all that you are far more anonymous using JAP than you are not using it.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#6 Post by GuestToo »

with closed source software, such as JAP and Bitwise, you are never sure what is in the software, or what it exactly does

with open source software, like Tor, you can see exactly what is in the software

it's difficult, if not impossible, to guarantee true anonymity anyway

Johnny Reb

#7 Post by Johnny Reb »

GuestToo wrote:with closed source software, such as JAP and Bitwise, you are never sure what is in the software, or what it exactly does

with open source software, like Tor, you can see exactly what is in the software

it's difficult, if not impossible, to guarantee true anonymity anyway
GuestToo, I agree with you on the point about open source and closed source, however JAP does provide the source code for download. I do not know how it is licensed, but the source code is provided. Since I'm not a coder it would not do me a lot of good to look at it, but I would be interested in hearing what someone who can read the code and understand it would have to say.

As far as Bitwise goes, it's true it is closed source, and I would not talk about anything especially sensitive over it, however the encryption it provides does prevent evesdroppers from listening in on a conversation. I would really like to see a major open source encrypted IM available. Right now there is gaim, which is good but it's next to impossible to get people that use yahoo aolim or whatever other IM to switch to it, and even harder to get them to use encryption. So I don't have any real serious conversations over the net, and don't talk to that many people over IM's anymore either. The few that I do talk to I use encryption when I chat with them. It's inconceivable to me, but for some reason people today don't seem to care one whit about their privacy.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine