qcad: QT-based CAD program

Mathematical tools, physics simulators, CAD, CNC, etc.
muggins

qcad: QT-based CAD program

#1 Post by muggins »

http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html

This is the free, community edition, of qcad. I'm sure it's available elsewhere as a .pup, but anyway, I've uploaded a copy as a .pet(3.5Mbytes) here or here.

Being QT-based it requires the install of qt-3.3.8 .

To run, enter qcad in a console, or Menu->Graphic->QCad.

Being the free version, it's missing features available in the newer, professional, version. Also, an additional parts library(12Mbytes), is available for download here. After downloading & extracting, you'll need to enter the path to the library, in QCad.
Last edited by muggins on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 11:17, edited 4 times in total.

josh.viklef

#2 Post by josh.viklef »

Please, could you give it there, where is no limit of downloads?

ThX.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

josh.viklef,

if you're having problems downloading from rapidshare.com, I've uploaded it to another site. See above alternative link.

josh.viklef

#4 Post by josh.viklef »

muggins wrote:josh.viklef,

if you're having problems downloading from rapidshare.com, I've uploaded it to another site. See above alternative link.

ken geometrics

Re: qcad: QT-based CAD program

#5 Post by ken geometrics »

Just a quick note to say that the demo of QCad runs on puppy 4.21

It looks like the paid for version of QCad may be an option for
cad on new puppy versions.

murgar

Re: qcad: QT-based CAD program

#6 Post by murgar »

unfortunately the links you provided at www.puppylinux.ca require user name and password and there is nowhere a registrationform to fill in.

How did you download those files?

thx
muggins wrote:http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html

This is the free, community edition, of qcad. I'm sure it's available elsewhere as a .pup, but anyway, I've uploaded a copy as a .pet(3.5Mbytes) here.

Being QT-based it requires the install of qt-3.3.8 .

To run, enter qcad in a console, or Menu->Graphic->QCad.

Being the free version, it's missing features available in the newer, professional, version. Also, an additional parts library(12Mbytes), is available for download here. After downloading & extracting, you'll need to enter the path to the library, in QCad.

muggins

#7 Post by muggins »

I've altered the first post to give another download location. Otherwise, to download from puppylinux.ca, u=puppy, p=linux.

BJF

#8 Post by BJF »

Muggins: I've installed Qcad V2.0.5.0.1 on Saluki and it works, but the website is up to V3.x.x and opens and saves .dwg files. Would it be too much trouble to make us a .pet of this last release please?

Thanks.

muggins

#9 Post by muggins »

Hello BJF,

just download qcad-3.2.2-linux-x86_32.tar.gz, extract wherever you want, and it should work...(at least it does for me with lupu).

Creating a desktop file, (so it appears in the menu), or dragging onto the desktop & adding an icon, are relatively trivial to do.

cheers