Canon mp210 +beginner...

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Haidi

Canon mp210 +beginner...

#1 Post by Haidi »

so I have puppy 3.01 and like to use it because works better than windows in my old pentium. but I have also printer and have no idea how to make it work. read about that should use cups or something like that.. but main problem is that I have used puppy only 2 weeks and it is my first experience about linux. So could somebody tell in vere S I M P L E text how to make it work. Or should I print only using win2000, it woooorrrkkss but quiiiiiiiiiiiite slowllllllllllllllllly... so u understood what i meant? THank U :D

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Hi Haidi,

The openprinting.org site, here,
says that canon has released drivers for your printer, here.

I've only packaged up the printer drivers, as I think getting the scanner working could be more of a problem, and we can maybe try crossing that bridge another day.

So basically, download the .pet from here (1Mbyte), install the .pet then, hopefully, if you start the cups-printer wizard, from the menu, it will detect the included .ppd file & give that as an option to install, & use, the 210.

Let us know how you get on.

Haidi

It was so great!!!

#3 Post by Haidi »

:)

So thank U very many much! printing works now without any problems. So now I am getting greedy, maybe this scanning thing could also work...??

Aitch

#4 Post by Aitch »

Hello Haidi,
which one should be thrown through to window...
we both are still in room, I and computer....
Unfortunately I can't help with your scanner problem.....

But I have to say, I luv your humour.....so....

Aitch
Attachments
Angry-PC-User.gif
(29.69 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times
biggestgrin.gif
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 1057 times