Copied puppy files to CD but it won't boot

Booting, installing, newbie
mas

Copied puppy files to CD but it won't boot

#1 Post by mas »

Well thank you all fellows for your help. Now heres my problem... I downloaded the puppy (60M) file and used iso buster to rip the vmlinuz image.gz etc etc and burned them on cd. I tried booting my lap top (compaq presario V2000) but wont work , I also changed the booting order but no! when i restart my lap top, it simply goes to windows, i tried on another lap top but none still same thing. i tried the old instructions in puppy homepage a bit confusing too. so How do you do it then??? I mean am not damn i follow instruction clearly so what is it....?

#2 Post by Guest »

vmlinuz image.gz etc etc and burned them on cd
that will not be a bootable cd

Burncdcc is the easiest way to burn an iso file using Windows ... but the cd will not be a multisession cd

see: Burning the CD

MU

#3 Post by MU »

Seems to be a very simple program:

Mark

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

I would burn at the lowest speed to ensure reliability. Creating an ISO is frustrating until you get it. I was frying CD's for a while until I read and understood the Puppy insructions (my first introduction to Puppy)

I still used burncdcc from Windows on my sisters computer, (no CD burner on mine lately)

You must get this right and Burncdcc is ONLY for burning iso images . . . What you have been doing is copying the file onto a CD - this is not the same thing. So you must burn an ISO image.

Good luck
keep us informed