Donations to Barry for all his hard work

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
veronicathecow

Donations to Barry for all his hard work

#1 Post by veronicathecow »

Recently I read the following in the developers Blog (Please note my bolding of text) This prompted me to send a small donation (books sales are still low!) to Barry. I thought that there might be others out there who do not read the developers blog who might also like to contribute in this way hence this forum message.

You can find the link to donate here (Hidden away, Hi Barry a more prominent link would be great!)

http://www.puppylinux.com/download/downpage.htm

Barry, many many thanks for all your hard work (and to all others who help in so many ways) Tony

"When will the final be released? That of course depends on how buggy the beta is. I need to earn a bit of money to pay the bills (I basically work on Puppy full-time these days, and have almost no other income), and I've been offered eight days work at the Perth Royal Show. This is an annual carnival held in our State capital city, and is an opportunity for country folks to show off their stuff to city people. I was offered the job off gatekeeper for the horse section, to stand guard and only let horse-people who have passes through. Ha, ha, what a total change from the heavy thinking I do all day! I'm looking forward to it.

That will start on the 29th of September, and for that duration I won't have much input to the Puppy project. I'm hoping that v3.00 will be out well before then."

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

" I was offered the job off gatekeeper for the horse section, to stand guard and only let horse-people who have passes through.
Ha, ha, what a total change from the heavy thinking I do all day! I'm looking forward to it. "

What I like about it in a typical OZ way is that most people would look down
on this as being menial work....but Bazza K looks up on it as a challenge.
I s'pose I could say to BK that he could add this job to his
Port Foalio.............

If anyone hates that joke...Donate now or I'll be back with more.
Enjoy a coffee at the show on me Barry....you're a funny bloke....in the
nicest possible way.
Chris

veronicathecow

#3 Post by veronicathecow »

Sorry Chris but this is important..... so stop horseing around :D
Seriously though I would much rather make some donations to people like Barry, the OO crowd and Mozila crowd than a commercial venture.
We have a number of schemes over here like LETS (Local Economic Trading Scheme where you work for free, acquire credits to be used for things yourself, it also tends to help out those most in need automatically) and also a thing called freecycle where you put on items you no longer need for free and can take in the same vein and you tend to meet very nice people (Just like on the Puppy forum)
All the best
Tony

macadavy

Contributions to Puppy

#4 Post by macadavy »

Cut it out youse guys, or my little puppy's gonna become http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony!
All of us contribute "as we are able", some have extraordinary programming/troubleshooting talents, some of us may be able to spare a little cash to help buy test equipment, pay server costs and maybe even help BK eat! :wink:
Anyway - here's what I did (mentioned in the Lighthouse Puppy thread):
btw - Since there's no PayPal link on your Lighthouse site (hint, hint!) I've taken the liberty of sending Barry K. a USD 25 contribution and I invite all Puppy lovers to match or better it... throw that dog a bone!
[i]Welcome to my weird, wild, wonderful, wired world![/i]

veronicathecow

#5 Post by veronicathecow »

Nice one macadavy
And you are right, lots of people do the Donkey work here.... :lol:

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Ian »

I am sure Barry appreciated last year's efforts, lets keep up the good work this year.

cthisbear

#7 Post by cthisbear »

" lets keep up the good work this year. "

Conundrum? But I'm too busy donating to Bill.

Chris.

raffy

paypal ok

#8 Post by raffy »

The paypal buttons are working OK, I wonder whether your browser does not allow secure connection (https)?
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Barburo

paypal

#9 Post by Barburo »

It was cookies - sorry for the false alarm (dumb site to not say "enable cookies" though).

Dingo

#10 Post by Dingo »

I want add donate to Barry paypal button on my puppy site (see signature). How Can I do this?
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

MU

#11 Post by MU »

Dingo, you can add this code to your page:

Code: Select all

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="2">
    <tr>
      <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 204);" colspan="1" rowspan="2">

Optional! Make<br>
a donation to <br>
Barry Kauler:
        <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input name="cmd" value="_xclick" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="business" value="bkauler@goosee.com" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="item_name" value="Donation to Puppy Linux project" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="item_number" value="puppyproject" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="no_note" value="1" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="currency_code" value="USD" type="hidden"> 
          <input name="tax" value="0" type="hidden"> 
          <input src="donatepaypal.gif" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!" type="image">
        </form>
      </td>
  </tr>
</table>

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

Dingo

#12 Post by Dingo »

replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

macadavy

#13 Post by macadavy »

WTG, Dingo!

But aren't you a bit like our Husky sled dogs in the Great White North? A little on the wild side, eh?

:wink:
[i]Welcome to my weird, wild, wonderful, wired world![/i]

cagliostro

Is PayPal international??

#14 Post by cagliostro »

OK, I'm feeling stupid here about PayPal.

Background: I love playing Tomb Raider, and download lots of custom levels from www.trle.net. I mean tons of downloads. So I clicked on their PayPal button to make a donation and everything was in German. There was paragraphs of stuff I couldn't figure out, and no way to switch to English, so I gave up on the idea of donating. What, PayPal doesn't handle international transfers? That was months ago.

Then today I went to the above links to donate to Puppy. The US government is sending out "stimulus" checks to get the economy moving, and I planned to spend mine frivolously on things like food and gasoline. Then I thought I'd donate. One of the first buttons allows me to select country, so I put in "United States." Then when the form asks for my address it limits me to New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, Tasmania, etc. If PayPal allows me to live only in Australia, then none of the other personal information I'm supposed to enter is much good. (I checked and this is "PayPal Australia.")

So are we supposed to just enter a credit card number, and forget about trying to fill out the forms, because that usually doesn't work? Do I have to find a PayPal link in the United States for this to work? I guess I'm being stupid here, maybe just missing some button on the form.

raffy

home country

#15 Post by raffy »

i guess paypal in your home country should work, I mean as the one paying. There is supposed to be minimal procedure for paying out. There are more requirements for accepting payment.

Your problem must be a new development - I've sent money to Barry earlier from my paypal account (Philippines) and it was straightforward.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

cagliostro

RESOLVED

#16 Post by cagliostro »

Problem resolved.

I sent an e-mail to PayPal, but nobody responded. Then this afternoon the entry form magically fixed itself. Sent off a donation as a bit of encouragement to Barry to keep up the good work.

cthisbear

#17 Post by cthisbear »

" Sent off a donation as a bit of encouragement to Barry to keep up
the good work. "

Good on you mate...it would have been easy to give up
and leave it for another day.
All power to you and I'm sure that BK appreciates all
any any coin of the realm.

Chris.

Eggdog

#18 Post by Eggdog »

Dingo wrote:I want add donate to Barry paypal button on my puppy site (see signature). How Can I do this?
A useful link, Dingo, as I just sent off a donation through your page.

I installed Puppy Linux 4 Friday, I guess it was, on a new computer that had an inferior OS installed (not one from Fort Redmond; this machine has no Windows, no Microsoft, and it won't, ever). Got the Pup more or less running late that night. On Saturday, I discovered the joys of Pnethood, absolutely the best networking interface I've had the pleasure to use. (We keep most of our files on a Windows 2003 server in the basement. Ms. Eggdog insists, fairly enough, that I refrain from installing any alien software on it.)

The next day, I downloaded an OpenOffice squish package, and it works. Then I got a Firefox, which for some reason is called "Bon Echo," but it works.

I got this baby up and doing what I need to do in, basically, a couple of hours. Couldn't ask for more.

markofkane

#19 Post by markofkane »

I just donated, Hope it helps.

Mark. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jactek

#20 Post by Jactek »

I send cash that way he gets it all
[url=http://www.puppyos.com][img]http://i17.tinypic.com/346vnyc.jpg[/img][/url]