How to build fglrx 8.42.3? (Fixed)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
bezeen

How to build fglrx 8.42.3? (Fixed)

#1 Post by bezeen »

I'm a noob to Linux - and I have done my google...

I'm very happy with my wnopPuppy - I couldnt get the wobbelido to work. But almost every thing a did worked (not rss in conky). So I'd like to try to make it happen with fglrx-aixgl.

I did a little googling but only get howto make .deb and .rpm of ati*.run and that isnt it.

So howto "make" ? an install on Puppy/Slackware.

(I think it should be like - make... something)
Last edited by bezeen on Fri 23 Nov 2007, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

cb88

#2 Post by cb88 »

you need to download the dev_xxx.sfs (xxx is the version number) file for your verison of puppy (should be 3.00 for wNOP) and copy it to /mnt/home and reboot now after rebooting you will fine that a c++ development environment has been added automatically to your system

so use it you need to open a command propmt (the terminal from now on) and cd to the directory where your code to compile is...

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... modules-3/

like this cd /root/directory replace /root/directory with the path to your source code folder...

after you cd (change directory) to the the source directory type

./configue and press enter

then make enter

then make install enter

that will hopefully install the program

when ussing the terminal you can press tab to auto complete some paths and commands.....
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

bezeen

#3 Post by bezeen »

I used /Puppy setup/bootmanager to start xxx.sfs

and ati's instructions:
Automatic Driver Installation Option

To install the ATI Proprietary Linux driver using the Automatic option, follow these steps:
Launch the Terminal Application/Window and navigate to the ATI Proprietary Linux driver download.
Enter the command ati-driver-installer-7-11-x86.x86_64.run to launch the ATI Proprietary Linux driver installer. The ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Setup dialog box is displayed.

success (ati 7.11 - the new ...run)

and tnx cb88

dbmix

#4 Post by dbmix »

I did a full install. I can't figure out how to install the squash file...or if it is even possible. There doesn't seem to be any /mnt/home directory. I placed the DEV squash file where I fond another squash file, but it doesn't get installed and the bootmanager complains that there is nothing in the Home directory

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

dbmix,

with a full install you need to mount the devx .sfs file, then copy everything from the temporary mount-point to your hard disk. See here, down the bottom:

http://puppylinux.com/hard-puppy.htm