Ready for the Snarl!

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

Ready for the Snarl!

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

Since no one else will ask, I guess I will. Not trying to push or anything like that but, any idea when Pup 1.0.3 will be ready? :P

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Does anyone remember that fellow who used to write the "Chaos Manor" column in the now-defunct "Byte" magazine?
One of his favourite sayings was "Real Soon Now".
-- he was referring to vendors who use that expression when asked about delivery date of their product. But, RSN actually meant anything from 1 week to 1 year!

In Puppy's case, Real Soon Now means ...dunno... 4 weeks?

I just updated the News page with the latest exciting happenings.

#3 Post by Guest »

Barry, I went back to .9.9 so I could get the calendar to work since it used mozilla 1.7.5 I think.
Is there a way to get Abiword to print, any kind of patch to any release since .9.9. I am using a HP laserjet 6p but I have several other deskjets if those would work. I know you guys are working on a fix for 1.0.3, but is there any other method to fix it on older versions.
Something like print to a file and then print the file???

EarlSmith

#4 Post by EarlSmith »

The 0.9.9 that I am using prints from Abiword just fine. I think the problems started on more recent releases. In fact 0.9.9 is very stable for me. Everything just works.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

Fingers crossed, I'm hoping both printing and Calendar will be okay in 1.0.3!

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#6 Post by GuestToo »

as far as i know, you can get any version of Mozilla Suite, Firefox, or Thunderbird you like ... just download, unzip, and run

it will unzip to it's own dir that will run where ever you put it

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... /releases/

EarlSmith

#7 Post by EarlSmith »

Yes, but to get both printing and calendar I went back to 0.9.9 . This works for me, I can wait for 1.0.3 . I actually save my documents and calendar on floppy disk and bring the Puppy cd and floppy disk with me on trips and I have everything with me.
I also have an older laptop that works well with 0.9.9 . So with a mini cd and floppy, my entire system fits in my shirt pocket. Neat!! :)

EarlSmith

#8 Post by EarlSmith »

Also, on a former subject. I now consider 0.9.9 as the Puppy stable version and 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 as the cutting edge versions that still have some problems but promise great things for the future. For the ways I use Puppy, this works just great!! I also have 0.9.6 I use for Dillo. Some research I do, Dillo is both much faster and more stable for me. So both 0.9.9 and 0.9.6 are my standards. :)
Just another way that developers and users can work together to get the most out of Puppy. I have not enjoyed using computers this much since dos only machines. Then every program stood on its own and most were really fast. 8)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

Well, the Calendar problem is solved ...see the news page.

EarlSmith

#10 Post by EarlSmith »

Thank you!!!