hebrew puppy

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
mac

hebrew puppy

#1 Post by mac »

i am interested in getting together a puppy remaster or derivative that will have a hebrew interface and default hebrew keyboard and hebrew fonts (other than deja-vu). many newbies here in israel will be scared off by the configuration, so if it could be out of-the-box ready it would be real great. i would even consider paying s/o to slap it together. i am not a programmer, and do not know if this is a big deal or a simple matter. can you give me some input on this, even if only to send me to someone that knows!
thanks

Caneri

#2 Post by Caneri »

Hey Mac,

I can't help you with Hebrew but I'm sure there may be someone that has the knowledge.

It is a very large project to set Hebrew as a default language...I wish you mozzel...(Yea I know..I don't speak Hebrew..lol)

Best,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

mac

#3 Post by mac »

thanks for the reply. from what i have read in the manual, to set hebrew as the default language can be done by doing a custom remaster cd as described here;
http://www.puppylinux.org/manuals/puppy ... puppy-cd-0
a hebrew interface is more daunting, but ubuntu has done it and loads of others. maybe we can just borrow the scripts?