Xitami webserver dotpup

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Johnny Reb

Xitami webserver dotpup

#1 Post by Johnny Reb »

Here's a dotpup for the Xitami webserver. For more info on the Xitami webserver go to http://www.xitami.com/
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine

raffy

Thanks!

#2 Post by raffy »

Thanks for that. For the curious, Xitami is a high-performance web server with tiny footprint.

I guess (hope) PHP support for Xitami is not far behind :D

Bruce B

#3 Post by Bruce B »

thanks Jonny Reb

raffy, I think xitami supports php although I'm not sure after what you posted. In any event, it is my plan to set it up with php

may I ask why you think it doesn't?

raffy

PHp and Xitami

#4 Post by raffy »

What I mean is getting Xitami to work with PHP - making them work together then making the PHP package a dotpup - will be good for people like who lack the talent to package it that way (like me) :oops:

Your plan to make it work with PHP is good news. Will be very grateful if the PHP package becomes a dotpup (even version 4.3.*). Cheers!

Bruce B

#5 Post by Bruce B »

I understand better now raffy, thanks.

Can you (or anyone) recommend some good linux php editors?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#6 Post by Lobster »

I heard of one called screem

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

raffy

Editors

#7 Post by raffy »

Discussed these and have example admin pages at

http://ph-islands.net/example

Larry requested my initial set of scripts, and made available here:

http://littlecandle.net/em/index.php?file=Download.htm

Hope you will have that php package ready soon (even tar.gz will be fine) :)

#8 Post by Guest »

Bruce B wrote:thanks Jonny Reb

raffy, I think xitami supports php although I'm not sure after what you posted. In any event, it is my plan to set it up with php

may I ask why you think it doesn't?
Your quiet welcome Bruce B & raffy. I would have responded to y'all seperatly, but my internet connection ain't very good tonight, and it's taking forever for pages to load.

That's not the most recent version of Xitami, but it's the only one I could get ahold of. I had started looking for the Linux version of Xitami, and found nearly all of the download links to be broken. I finally found one on twocows that worked, and downloaded the source, but couldn't get it to compile. I located the version that I made the dotpup from on a ftp site in Holland. It came from a package for Peanut Linux 9.5

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine, Dissertation on First Principles of Government, December 23, 1791

"Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything." G.K. Chesterton

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

Johnny Reb

#9 Post by Johnny Reb »

I would have responded to y'all seperatly, but my internet connection ain't very good tonight, and it's taking forever for pages to load.
I reckon that point is rather obvious since my login timed out before I managed to get that posted. ':evil:'

"No one in this world, so far as I know and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

-H.L. Mencken

"All history is little else than a long succession of useless cruelties."

-Voltaire

"The man who asks of freedom anything other than itself is born to be a slave."

-Alexis de Tocqueville
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine