Sound on the Asus All-in-One Motherboard

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
riccardo

Sound on the Asus All-in-One Motherboard

#1 Post by riccardo »

I have installed Puppy linux 4 on this desktop. It features 512 Meg of memory ... and a 160Gig SATA hard drive. Everything seems to be rosy ... except that my sound is not functioning.

The result of lspci -v (partial) is as follows...

00:02.7 Class 0401: 1039:7012 (rev a0)
Subsystem: 1043:810d
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
I/O ports at a000
I/O ports at a400
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2

Which means that it is an Intel 810d type card ... with a SiS device number SI7012.

Think that this means that P-L4 recognises the card.

Alsaconf allows it to be setup ... and I have squeaked a configuration of fldigi ... using the mic-IN connector. Nothing has yet come from my speakers ... connected to Line-OUT.

Can anyone talk me thru this please??

riccardo
--
Richard Jenkins
Canberra, AUSTRALIA
++++++++++++++++

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Riccardo,

Questions for your questions.

Does lineout send a singnal with neglible amperage?

Is it green?

If you have a green output jack and you use it what happens?

Bruce

riccardo

Sound Out on the S7X8 All-in One Motherboard

#3 Post by riccardo »

In another part of my kingdom I have a brand new install of Debian Etch. This evening when I attempted to configure sound ... it gave an error message to the effect that I could not access the output device ... because it was in use by something else (not specified). This set me thinking about my PuppyLinux 4 problem of no sound. What could have taken the output signal ... and locked the device so that sound configure no longer has access???

Is there another device on this all-in one motherboard ... that claims the sound card ... and must be turned off? What could it be?? Maybe its the analogue modem?? This is not in use at this location 9I have slow broadband).

Any ideas please?

riccardo
--
Richard Jenkins
Canberra, AUSTRALIA
++++++++++++++++

riccardo

No Sound

#4 Post by riccardo »

On the rear surface of this board, there are 3 jacks. Two are for inputs ... mic and line input .. and the remaining one is for line output. I use a set of amplified speakers which I have had for several years and they do work. Does this help??

riccardo
--
Richard Jenkins
Canberra, AUSTRALIA
++++++++++++++++

robertito

#5 Post by robertito »

Much as I like Puppy (Dingo), it does give me hassle. My motherboard is ASUS M2N-E SLI, which has onboard sound. I've tried everything I can think of but I get no sound and I can't get my HP OfficeJet G55 to print (I've tried loads of drivers). On the same computer I have Mepis, which is fully featured and correspondingly a bit slow. BUT, the sound and the printer work perfectly. So I'm a bit going off Puppy !