This Thread is depreciated

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Walt H

#41 Post by Walt H »

OK, this works for me . . . sort of. With the mozilla plug-in mentioned in another thread, I am able to view BBC embedded video in Puppy. I did, however, have to install the MediaConnectivityPlayer extension for Firefox in order to get it working. (Perhaps because I was running Pizzapup 1.0.5, which has firefox instead of Mozilla?)

However, other embedded video does still have problems. For instance, the video at www.ap.org plays fine, but the audio plays at twice normal speed. This problem existed before, as well, but it does work fine in Kanotix and Zenwalk. Video at Reuters doesn't play back at all. (Again, this does work in Kanotix and Zenwalk.)

Is there any setting I can tweak or change which might help this situation. Would installing Puppy to hard drive make any difference, at least with the sound issue? (Yes, I'm grasping at straws, but I'm at a loss as to what to do.)

Thanks for all of the hard work on this.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

MU

#42 Post by MU »

Reuters works in Mozilla for me:

www.ap.org uses Flash-Videos.
I have the same problem as you with the too fast sound.
I also have this problem with "wavplay", I could fix that with this dotpup:
http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?t=2939

But I don't know how to fix it with the Shockwave flash-Plugin :?

Mark

Walt H

#43 Post by Walt H »

Looking at your screen shot, I see it looks different from what I get. I don't actually get the video embedded; it launches in a separate mplayer window. Could that be due to the fact that Pizzapup uses Firefox rather than Mozilla.

As far as AP goes, anyone know what would cause the sound issues? I would have thought getting the video would have been the harder part since it uses Flash. Is it possible to reinstall a Flash plugin and resolve that problem? I know in Kanotix and Zenwalk, I had to install the Flash plugin for Firefox in order to get the site to work properly.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

MU

#44 Post by MU »

yes, I think the mplayer-plugin was designed for mozilla, not for firefox.

I think the Flash- Soundproblem is on a lower level, thats to say something wrong with the oss-soundcarddriver for our Chipsets.
On my mandrake maybe another soundcarddriver is used, so it works.

I have no idea how to fix that, I have no knowledge about these things.

Mark

duke93535

#45 Post by duke93535 »

mu
Your mplayer-plugin does work in firefox. My little 400mhz computer doesn't play video flash, but newer machine I've seen, works great with video flash in puppy. 2700+ and a 3000+ mhz computers.

MU

#46 Post by MU »

I compiled another version using the X.org -libraries.

The "normal" version did not have the acellerated "xv" videodriver, I just recognized this today.

This version will not run on the "normal" Puppy.

Please tell me, if it works for you or not.

Mark

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#47 Post by GuestToo »

--enable-xv did not enable xv? maybe it required xv really to be installed to enable it

MU

#48 Post by MU »

I used this:

Code: Select all

# ./configure --enable-gui --enable-vesa --enable-xv --enable-x11 --enable-mmx --enable-mmx2 --enable-3dnow --enable-3dnowex --enable-sse --enable-sse2 --disable-sdl --enable-shm --enable-runtime-cpudetection --target=i386-linux
I also renamed the "HIDE"-files in /usr/X11R6/lib in "normal" Puppy (libXV) and tried to compile it.
But it seems they are not used, and I cannot choose XV when I run the binary in X.org-Puppy then.
Maybe there are missing some Header-files in "normal"Puppy, but I was too lazy to check that out, so I compiled it in X.org-Puppy.

Greets, Mark

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#49 Post by GuestToo »

the xorg mplayer binary seems to work ok in normal Puppy if the missing libraries are installed (i did not test the package, i extracted the binary and put it in my mplayer dir in my-applications/mplayer/)

the missing library files are about 66k

# ldd -d mplayer | grep not
libXxf86dga.so.1 => not found
libXv.so.1 => not found
libXxf86vm.so.1 => not found

(my normal Puppy is Puppy 1.0.5 with usr_devx.sfs, using xvesa, not xorg)

MU

#50 Post by MU »

Ok, I made a dotpup with these libs, if for any reason someone wants to run the X.org-mplayer on a "normal" Puppy.
I think it would be no good idea to add them to mplayer itself.
I want to avoid to overwrite files, in case there will be a new release of X.org somewhen.

The X.org-mplayer now resides in this subfolder to avoid confusion:
http://noforum.de/dotpups/mplayer-1.0-p ... g-version/

Mark
Last edited by MU on Thu 03 Nov 2005, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

jcoder24

#51 Post by jcoder24 »

I've installed the dotpup and it works fine. However, when I change to full screen or double the size, the size of the screen changes but not the size of the video, any suggestions?

#52 Post by Guest »

you need the -zoom option when running in xvesa mode

if you have MU's xorg server instead of xvesa, use the xv not the vesa driver